RN / Registered Nurse / Virginia / Permanent / Nurse Technician III Job
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000
Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900
facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ERs, ambulatory
surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff
continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have
been named in IBM Watson Healths top 100 best-performing hospitals
based on patient satisfaction and operational data. Located in the
outskirts of Washington, D.C, Reston Hospital Center, a 199-bed
acute facility, lies within the vibrant Town Center of Reston,
known for its lively mix of restaurants, shops, and services.
Reston Hospital Center is an HCA (Hospital Corporation of America)
facility making it a very secure and reputable facility to work
with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the
U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Reston Hospital Center holds certifications within our stroke and
total joint center and is accredited in the chest pain center. Most
importantly, Reston Hospital Center is dedicated to enhancing the
health and quality of life in our community by putting patients
first. Our patients are our priority, but so are you!
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We
provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are
met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look
after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family
Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for
several other benefits including tuition assistance, family and
medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues.
We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in
our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Nurse
Technician III to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential
- Must successfully complete orientation program and validation
- Assist with the collection of patient data. Communicates
information to the professional nursing staff.
- Able to take vital signs, perform weights, feed patients, empty
foley bags/drains and performs or assists with activities of daily
- Verifies patient identity and explains specifics of procedures
to patients before performing. Maintains proficiency in specialty
areas of electrocardiography and phlebotomy to ensure that patients
do not require repeat testing. Prepares laboratory and ECG or x-ray
test requisitions as requested by the RN.
- Perform urinary catheterization.
- Perform peripheral IV sticks.
- Perform IV/central line dressing changes.
- Monitor chest tubes and feeding tubes.
- In the Emergency Department, performs appropriate casting and
splinting and crutch walking. Other patient care responsibilities
are suture set-ups and simple dressing changes and suture
- Performs specific diagnostic tests and treatments under the
direction of the RN to include foley catheter discontinuation.
Other patient care responsibilities are suture set-ups and simple
dressing changes and suture removal. The Nursing Tech III will also
perform blood glucose monitoring and removal of IV catheters.
- Monitors cardiac rhythms. Documents and mounts strips per
- Documents data collected and care given in a clear and concise
manner. Presents documentation for RN review and signature.
- Maintains sterile instruments, portable oxygen and
- Safely transports patients, specimens and equipment.
Demonstrates an awareness of safety issues.
- Discharges non-acute patients under the direction of the RN.
Ensures all patients valuables and belongings accompany
- Maintains a clean, well stocked, hazard-free clinical area.
Performs general housekeeping duties that are specific to the
clinic department. Cleans and maintains clinical equipment.
- Ensures efficient and timely flow of clinical patients. Works
as a collaborative member of the clinical team. Demonstrates
ability to adjust to increased volume and/or acuity.
- Assures that patient rights and privacy are maintained. Deals
with patient information in a confidential manner.
- Follows safety and infection control policies of hospital,
nursing, laboratory and cardiopulmonary departments, utilizes good
- Attends department meetings, inservice and other educational
opportunities as scheduled. Participates in department QA/QI
- Is friendly, cooperative, and flexible; able to follow
directions well, works well individually and as a team player.
- Evaluates and maintains unit, personal, and patients' safety by
following hospital and nursing division policies and
Keywords: HCA., Reston , RN / Registered Nurse / Virginia / Permanent / Nurse Technician III Job, Healthcare , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!