Weekend Care Partner (CNA) - Memory Care
Company: Kensington Senior Living, LLC
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Job Description: Care Partner- Memory Care Department: Memory
CareSupervisor: Director of Memory Care Employment Status: Hourly
Full or Part TimeDays: Friday-SundayShifts: 7am-3pm and 3pm-11pm
Summary: The Care Manager- Memory Care provides direct care to
residents in the Memory Care neighborhood including activities of
daily living, therapeutic activities programs, and restorative
programs. Assistance may be total, partial, or stand by depending
upon physical and cognitive ability of resident. Duties and
- Assures the maximum quality of life for all residents by
maintaining privacy, accommodating individual preference, promoting
independence, encouraging and assisting participation in community
activities and events, and communicating respectfully at all
- Assists residents in and out of bed and chair/wheelchair with
the correct use of the transfer techniques if required. Depending
on residents' weight and physical abilities, may require the
assistance of another aide or the use of a mechanical lift to move
the resident. If resident is unable to reposition self, provide
assistance to turn and reposition resident intermittently.
- Assists residents in bathing as assigned. Monitor hygiene
continuously and assist as needed to ensure that residents and
their clothing are clean.
- Assists in personal grooming of residents including brushing
hair, brushing teeth, trimming fingernails and toenails, and
assists residents in dressing or undressing. Folds or hangs clean
clothing items and places soiled items in hamper.
- Removes soiled bedding and replaces with clean linens as
- Assists residents in using bathroom and perineal care. May be
required to provide, remove and clean bedpans, urinals catheter
bags, and bedside commodes.
- Assists residents to dining area for meals or provides meals in
room as required. Assists in delivery dining service to residents
and documenting intake of nourishment as needed. Serves in-between
meal nourishment and assists as needed. Records amount eaten by
residents as needed.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness, condition, and supplies in
resident suites by observing and reporting housekeeping and
maintenance needs and obtaining care supplies from the community or
family as needed.
- Maintains all work and service areas in clean and orderly
- Assists in maintaining resident records. Documents assistance
provided to residents at the end of each shift. Communicates all
changes and unusual observation concerning residents physical and
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional
development activities as required.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment
or neglect as outlined in Human Resources Policies. Knowledge and
- Must be kind, caring, and possess a genuine desire to work with
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication
- Ability to work effectively within a team based
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from managers, clients, customers, and families.
- Ability to calculate figures related to amounts such as
percentages and area.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Qualifications:
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with
people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their
rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and
- Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance and follow
the dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of
performing assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health
screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior
to or (7) days after employment
- Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in
the state of Virginia.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Nurse Aide Certification or equivalent is required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age unless certified in Virginia
as a Nurse Aide
- One (1) year of experience working as a Certified Nurse
Assistant including some medical/surgical or home care experience
and awareness of the needs of geriatric residents. Mental and
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is
regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust
- The team member regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use
hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and
reach with hands and arms above, below and at shoulder height.
- The team member frequently lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds.
Must be able to push a minimum of 200 pounds and be able to push
such weight a minimum distance of 200 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents
during an emergency.
- Work area may be subject to noise, distractions, and
interruptions. Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful
- The COVID-19 vaccine is a condition of
Keywords: Kensington Senior Living, LLC, Reston , Weekend Care Partner (CNA) - Memory Care, Healthcare , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!