Certified Nursing Assistant-SHORT SHIFTS near Reston
Company: Assisting Hands
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Description: This position provides custodial and personal care
services to clients that contract with Assisting Hands for services
under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) and in compliance
with the Plan of Care designated by the RN.Education: High School
Diploma/GED required; Current Nursing Assistant Certification with
the Board of Nursing in good standingQualifications: Individual
must have successfully completed and provide evidence of formal
training and certification as a Nursing Assistant per state law and
regulation. One (1) year experience in the home or long-term care
setting is preferred.Reports to: Director of NursingPrimary
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and healthy environment within
client's residence. Duties may include light cleaning and
straightening of the bathroom, straightening the sleeping and
living areas, washing client's dishes or laundry, and other tasks
to maintain cleanliness and safety for the client.
- The performance of all personal care activities contained in a
written Plan of Care detailed by the agency's Director of Nursing
which may include assisting the client with personal hygiene,
ambulation and exercise, eating, dressing, shaving, physical
transfer, and other duties as assigned.
- Providing nutritional support as needed.
- Reporting changes in the client's condition.
- Other activities as taught and overseen periodically by a
Registered Nurse for a specific client and are restricted to the
- Assisting with the use of devices for aid to daily living such
as a wheelchair, walker, or hoyer lift;
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises;
- Teaching household routine and skills to well members of the
- Measuring intake and output of fluids;
- Measuring and recording temperature, pulse, respiration or
- Keeping records of personal health care activities;
- Observing appearance and gross behavioral changes in the client
and reporting to the Registered Nurse.
- Assisting the client with the self-administration of
medication, limited to the following tasks:
- Taking the medication in its previously dispensed, properly
labeled container, from where it is stored and bringing it to the
- In the presence of the client, reading the label, opening the
container, removing a prescribed amount of medication from the
container, and closing the container.
- Placing an oral dosage in the client's hand or placing the
dosage in another container and helping the client by lifting the
container to his or her mouth.
- Returning the medication container to proper storage.
- Keeping a record of when a client receives assistance with
self-administration of medication.
- The CNA may also provide the following assistance with
self-administered medication, as needed by the client:
- Preparing necessary items such as juice, water, cups, or spoons
to assist the client in the self-administration of medication;
- Opening and closing the medication container or tearing the
foil of prepackaged medications;
- Assisting the client in the self-administration process.
Examples of such assistance include the steadying of the arm, hand,
or other parts of the client's body so as to allow the
self-administration of medication;
- Abides by the agency's infection control policies, including
proper hand washing techniques consistent with CDC Guidelines.
- Abides by all policies and procedures outlined in the agency's
Policy and Procedure Manual, Caregiver Handbook, and Caregiver
Training Manual.Hours: Dependent on assignment; Shifts available 24
hours a day, 7 days per week and based on availability. Assisting
Hands does not guarantee hours.FLSA Status: Non-exempt,
hourlyCompensation: $15 Per hour Assisting Hands Home Care prides
itself on offering compassionate, dependable home care to their
clients across the US. Their unparalleled reputation of quality
home care covers a broad spectrum of services ranging from aging
care for the elderly, post-surgery care, transitional care from a
hospital or rehab, to post maternity care for those mothers who
need care after the birth of their child.Aside from the company's
mission for quality home care and passion for the value of family,
one of the other reasons that Assisting Hands has provided such
exceptional care to their clients is due to their high standards
for hiring.According to the company's Vice President, Gail Stout,
Assisting Hands Home Care believes that the caregivers are the face
of the company. "Our agencies hire caregivers that first and
foremost align with our company's core values." Gail went on to
explain that their agencies do a complete interview process of each
hiring candidate. "We look for the three most important qualities
in our caregivers which is professionalism, empathy, and strong
communication skills." Additionally, the agencies do a
comprehensive background screening, training and verification of
skill competency. "Each AHHC agency has a robust pool of caregivers
but we are always looking to hire additional caregivers that meet
our guidelines and criteria for caring for our clients," Gail
said.According to some of the agencies' caregivers, Assisting Hands
motivates their employees to give the best care possible. "They
treat their caregivers with very high standards," said Fatima L.
She went on to say that the company strives to provide quality care
to their clients for all their individual needs. "Because of this
quality care it makes a great difference to all elderly clients and
their families."Some of the other comments made by various
Assisting Hands caregivers are "I applaud this company for the high
standards and ethics that I have witnessed..." - Julie J."I have
worked for home care companies in the past and none of them are at
all like Assisting Hands Home Care. I feel like a genuinely valued
employee." Kelsey L."What I have experienced since working at AHHC
is that the company truly cares about its clients just as well as
its employees. They are always willing to help and go the extra
mile to meet everyone's needs." LaEasha G.Assisting Hands Home Care
and their employees believe that there is value to offering
dependable care and compassion to those in need which is witnessed
on a daily basis by both the staff and the clients. No matter what
service is being provided, from light housekeeping and making meals
to helping with bathing and grooming needs, caring for others with
dignity and dedication is paramount to Assisting Hands Home Care
which is reflected in AHHC caregivers.
Keywords: Assisting Hands, Reston , Certified Nursing Assistant-SHORT SHIFTS near Reston, Healthcare , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!