Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator
Company: Reston Hospital Center
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
Hospital Corporationof America (HCA) is a community of 94,000
Registered Nurses and38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900
facilities ranging from hospitals,freestanding ER---s, ambulatory
surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Ourfacility-based staff
continue to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCAhospitals have
been named in IBM Watson Health---s top 100
best-performinghospitals based on patient satisfaction and
operational data.--Located in the outskirtsof Washington, D.C,
Reston Hospital Center, a 245-bed acute carefacility, lies within
the vibrant Town Center of Reston, known for itslively mix of
restaurants, shops, and services. Reston Hospital Center is an
HCA--facility making it a very secure and reputable facility
towork. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the
U.S, wherehealthcare employment opportunities are almost
endless!--Reston--HospitalCenter--Awards and Distinctions
- Accredited by the Joint Commission with a Gold Seal of
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
- Primary Stroke Center with Gold Seal of Approval
- Total Joint Replacement Center for Hip and Knee Replacement
with Gold Seal of Approval
- MBSAQIP accreditation for our bariatric surgery programOur
patients are our priority, but so are you!----Notonly do our
patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a
totalcompensation package to make sure your needs are met.
- Medical and Dental coverage
- Paid Family Leave
- Matching 401(k)
- Tuition assistance
- Student loan repayment
- Family and medical flex spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Identity theft protection
- Much, much more!--You contribute to our success.Every role has
an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity
tomake a difference. We are looking for dedicated professionals
like you to be apart of our--Pharmacy Family!--Essential--Pharmacy
Clinical Coordinator--jobfunctions and responsibilities:
- Provideseducation on best practices and changes to practice
standards to all members ofthe medical team who provide medication
services to ensure positive patientoutcomes.
- Acts asa preceptor for pharmacy students during on-site
- Proactivelymaintains clinical knowledge using all available
resources to ensure accurateknowledge of current evidence based
standards of care.
- Acts asDirector---s representative/expert on medication events
that occur throughout thehospital.
- MaintainsMeditech Quality Module to report medication errors
identified by pharmacystaff.
- Reviewsmedication errors daily, looking for trends and possible
- Reviewscharts monthly for Adverse Drug Reactions (ADR), looking
for trends and reportsto necessary regulatory and/or manufacturing
concerns as needed.
- Collectsand analyses data from various reports with the goal of
identifyingopportunities for process improvements.
- Usesavailable data to educate providers, nurses and pharmacy
staff on bestpractices to standardize care.
- PerformsDUR and MUE on a variety of medications to evaluate
prescribing practices toensure evidence based practices are being
- Coordinatesall aspects of formulary to ensure hospital is
complaint with Corporate,Division and local policies.
- Coordinatesall educational activities for the pharmacy
department while ensuringcontinuity of clinical activities on all
- Responsiblefor setting agenda, maintaining minutes and creating
meeting packets for theP&T committee.
- Acts asa point person for physicians seeking guidance regarding
pharmacy policy andprocedures.
- Roundson clinical units daily to increase pharmacy visibility
and provides resourcesto nursing and physicians as needed.
- Acts asa staff pharmacist to ensure familiarization of order
entry process fromreceiving the order to dispensing the drug.
- Acts asa staff pharmacist if needed to ensure continuity of
- Otherduties as assigned.
- Graduate of a college of pharmacy with BS or Pharm. D
accredited by the American Council on Pharmacy Education
- Licensed Pharmacist in the Commonwealth of
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for
Healthcare Providers certification (required)EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years--experience as a Pharmacist--(required)
- Hospital/Inpatient pharmacy--experience (preferred)HOURS:
- Full Time
- Day Shift
- 40(+) hours per week--We are an equal opportunity employer and
we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
statusNotice Our Company---s recruiters are here to help unlock the
next possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, contact
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Reston Hospital Center, Reston , Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator, Healthcare , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!