Housekeeper - WEEKEND, PART TIME
Company: Kensington Senior Living, LLC
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job Description: Housekeeper Department: Environmental Services
Supervisor: Director of Environmental ServicesEmployment Status:
Hourly Full or Part Time Summary: The Housekeeper is responsible
for cleaning assigned resident suites and common areas. Duties and
- Cleans resident suites as assigned and according to prescribed
standards and guidelines. Weekly cleaning of resident suites
include but are not limited to cleaning and disinfecting of all
bath room fixtures, tile walls, and floors, dusting/ cleaning of
all flat surfaces, vacuuming of carpets, and changing of bed
- Participate in bi-annual deep cleaning of resident suites
including but not limited to cleaning under and behind furniture,
cleaning of blinds, carpet cleaning, spot cleaning of walls, and
cleaning of closet areas.
- Complete work request for items that require repair in resident
suites and common areas.
- Cleans common areas as assigned including corridors, restrooms,
offices, break rooms, lounges and storage areas.
- Sets up supply cart at the end of the work shift so that it is
ready for use the next day.
- Maintains equipment and work areas in organized, clean, and
like new condition.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional
development activities as required.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment
or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies. Knowledge and
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based
- Knowledge of how to use common cleaning chemicals and equipment
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with
people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their
rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and
- Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance and follow
the dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of
performing assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health
screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior
to or (7) days after employment
- Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in
the state of Virginia.
- Experience in a similar position is preferred. Mental and
- Requires ability to stand for extended periods of time and walk
short and long distances.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects in excess of 25
- Requires significant amount of bending at the waist.
- Requires reaching above, below, and at shoulder length.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful
- The COVID-19 vaccine is a condition of
Keywords: Kensington Senior Living, LLC, Reston , Housekeeper - WEEKEND, PART TIME, Hospitality & Tourism , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!