Applications Trainer, Senior
Posted on: May 12, 2022
The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is seeking
Applications Trainer who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOp
project in a CBP customer space. Leidos is building a new team to
maintain and develop applications and maintain specialized border
security equipment for our customer. We are looking for a
collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle
challenges and be a part of a team creating innovative
solutions.This role plans, develops, and delivers training and
training material to personnel across the enterprise including
customer and contract participants. This role requires working with
mission teams and vendors to create, deliver, and monitor training
curricula appropriate for specific roles. This role requires
excellent written and oral communication skills and domain
understanding of the customer Enterprise IT environment and
front-line mission environment. Training topics may include
security, users, methodology, mission applications, or
infrastructure. The Trainer provides technical/management
leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.Primary
- Work with program leadership to understand training and
communication needs for upcoming software releases and/or equipment
deployments and develop associated training plans.
- Collaborate with the technical and operations teams to identify
optimal training technique(s) based on the content of an upcoming
release or deployment.
- Ensure timely delivery of training to CBP operators so users
are prepared for upcoming changes.
- Coordinate with program management to prepare internal training
materials for the ITI2 team and/or CBP front-line officers.
- Analyze training needs and develop programs to address them;
evaluate third party training providers; develop lesson plans and
training materials; and manage delivery of internal and
externally-provided training.Basic Qualifications
- Superior knowledge of training methodologies, planning, and
delivering training and assessment materials from various sources
to support mission needs.
- Superior knowledge of and/or experience with the customer
Enterprise IT environment.
- Experience developing and delivering on-line and in-person
(live and video) training
- Ability and experience in working with mission teams to analyze
training needs and deliver training, assessment tools and materials
to appropriately train staff to meet mission and organizational
- Ability to analyze training requirements and develop training
programs (including train-the-trainer programs), lesson plans and
training materials, evaluate third party training providers, and
manage delivery of internally and externally provided
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and experience in technical and management leadership
on major tasks and technology assignments.
- Experience in establishing goals and plans that meet project
- Decision making ability and technical knowledge that may have a
critical impact on overall project implementation.
- Experience interacting in client negotiations and working with
- Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of
experience. Master's degree with 6+ years of experience. Four
additional years of experience may be used in lieu of
- Experience developing engaging and effective virtual
- Experience with multi-media design architecture including
Interactivity Levels 2 and 3
- Ability to manage knowledge sharing environments
- Highly-motivated with a positive, customer-first attitude.
- Agile and collaborative with strong creative, problem-solving
and relationship-building skills.
- Works well under pressure and can handle tight deadlines,
multiple tasks and shifting priorities in a fast-paced
- Takes initiative, ownership of assignments and personal
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Applications Trainer, Senior, Human Resources , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!