Director Human Resources
Company: FHLB Office of Finance
Posted on: May 18, 2019
SUMMARY OF POSITION This position works with the CHRO and FHLB-OF
management to develop and maintain human resources initiatives,
policies, and programs that support the strategic business plan,
and help the OF attract, develop, and retain talented employees.
directs HR operations and governance/compliance functions with
particular focus on compensation, benefits, performance management,
employee relations, recruiting/on-boarding, diversity, HR legal
compliance, payroll, and HR risk mitigation. In addition, this
position provides support to the FHLB-OF HR and Compensation
Committee of the Board.
- Proactively collaborate with the CHRO and OF management to
align the HR initiatives, policies and programs with the OF's
strategic plan and objectives.
- Identify trends that may impact the OF's workforce and HR
capabilities in the future and develop potential
- Act as primary liaison to audit and risk staff and the
regulator (FHFA). Participate in meetings, review existing
controls, respond to annual inquiries and exam, and make
modifications to HR controls and procedures as needed.
- Act as primary liaison to OF vendor management program and
complete vendor due diligence every 2 years or as directed.
- Direct the OF diversity program, coordinating efforts across
the organization and assuring compliance with FHFA's OMWI
(Office of Minority Women and Inclusion) regulations. Monitor FHFA
developments and develop appropriate response and actions.
- Continue diversity efforts internally and externally to support
a culture of inclusion.
- Support the Human Resources and Compensation Committee of the
OF Board by providing various HR metrics and data.
- Talent Management, Performance Management, Training and
Development and Employee Relations
- Assist CHRO with annual OF Succession Plan and process by
participating in talent conversations, entering data and
documentation in Succession Planning module, and providing ongoing
on counsel on employee development.
- Direct OF recruiting and on-boarding process including working
with hiring managers, external recruiters, approving offer
letters, conducting references, and initiating background
- Manage annual performance review process-90 day, mid-year, and
annual reviews. Counsel managers and employees on individual
performance issues and establishing goals.
- Counsel managers on developing their leadership talent through
the OF tools including the 360 program, mentoring, Management
Essentials training, etc.
- Manage formal recognition program, the ABBY award.
Screen/approve awards, assure directors follow through with making
individual awards and notifying "C's" (direct reports of CEO).
- Assist with employee opinion and pulse surveys including help
with administration, interpretation of results, and development of
follow up actions.
- Manage OF employee relations including counseling managers and
employees, handling employee concerns, managing the
OF's progressive discipline program, and conducting internal
investigations as needed.
- Oversee OF's training and development program for all
- Oversee and maintain OF job evaluation process and
Compensation and Benefits
- Direct annual review of OF compensation model (i.e. salary
grades, market benchmarks, incentives) and make recommendations as
appropriate to remain competitive. Stay abreast of compensation,
industry, and FHLB trends and formulate recommendations for OF as
- Support the HR Compensation and Benefits Manager as needed.
- Develop and maintain effective communication to keep management
and employees informed of HR policies and procedures.
- Provide, interpret and assist management with adhering to human
resource policies to ensure fair and equitable treatment of
- Ensure employee handbook, all HR policies and procedures are
kept up to date.
- Assist with development and coordination of OF professional
development programs and activities.
- Assist as needed with coordinating OF employee activities.
- Supervise HR Compensation and Benefits Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PRINCIPAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree required. Major emphasis in Human Resources,
Business Administration or closely related field preferred;
graduate degree and/or continuing education in human resources
- 10+ years of experience in general human resources
administration with experience in regulated environments,
preferably financial services.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and translate work
to the "hands on."
- Demonstrated competence/expertise in compensation and
- Senior Professional Designation in Human Resources (SPHR) or
Professional Designation in Human Resources (PHR) helpful.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically
proficiency in Excel spreadsheet development and
manipulation. Understanding of General Ledger entries and
experience managing an HR Budget.
- Knowledge of Federal and State employment laws and
- Must be detail oriented, possess strong data analysis skills,
demonstrate proficiency in professional written and oral
communications, and have ability to multi-task.
- Experience with HR Information Systems and SuccessFactors
- Demonstrated utilization of ADP time and attendance, payroll
and recruiting modules preferred.
FHLBANKS Office of Finance is an equal opportunity
Keywords: FHLB Office of Finance, Reston , Director Human Resources, Human Resources , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!