Database Administrator 2
Company: NCI Information Systems
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Job ID 2020-4607
IT: Administrator / Analyst / Architect / Engineer
NCI is a leading provider of enterprise solutions and services to
U.S. defense, intelligence, health and civilian government
agencies. NCI's AI solution, Shai(tm), scales humans with
artificial intelligence by empowering the workforce to meet their
mission by using best in class AI solutions coupled with our
exceptional service offerings. Working with strategic partners, NCI
is committed to bringing commercial innovation to missions of
national importance. NCI is a mid-tier systems integrator
headquartered in Reston, VA, and operates at locations across the
NCI has been designated a 2020 Military Friendly Employer by
NCI: The Database Administartor II implements and maintains smooth
operation and physical design of databases. Reviews database design
and integration of systems. Provides backup recovery and makes
recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
Maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates policies,
procedures, and standards relating to database management, and
monitors transaction activity and utilization.
* Database loading; development and management of operational
procedures; environment management; database health (e.g.
monitoring, proactive and reactive responses); resource planning;
database upgrade planning; backup and recovery strategy planning
and implementation; environment transition planning (development,
test, stage, production).
* Experience in database administration, information technology,
database architecture, or a related field
MCSE/MCSA certifications. * Preferred Experience with Linux and
Windows Server environments.
* Extensive experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL,
PostgreSQL Oracle, MongoDB)
* Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) a plus.
* Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools.
* Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and
performance monitoring standards.
* Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling.
* PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills.
* Familiarity with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS.
* Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Impeccable attention to detail
* 5+ Years
* TS/SCI Clearance required
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential
* Sitting for long periods
* Standing for long periods
* Ambulate throughout an office
* Ambulate between several buildings
* Travel by land or air transportation 10%
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting,
hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or
category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or
regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation,
benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance,
social, and recreational programs are administered without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability,
genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender
identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable
federal, state, and local laws and regulations. NCI is a VEVRAA
Keywords: NCI Information Systems, Reston , Database Administrator 2, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!