Company: NCI Information Systems
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Job ID 2020-4661
IT: Information Assurance / Quality / Cyber Security
NCI is a leading provider of enterprise solutions and services to
U.S. defense, intelligence, health and civilian government
agencies. NCI's AI solution, Shai(tm), scales humans with
artificial intelligence by empowering the workforce to meet their
mission by using best in class AI solutions coupled with our
exceptional service offerings. Working with strategic partners, NCI
is committed to bringing commercial innovation to missions of
national importance. NCI is a mid-tier systems integrator
headquartered in Reston, VA, and operates at locations across the
NCI has been designated a 2020 Military Friendly Employer by
As a Security Engineer/Tester, you are responsible for performing
manual and automated testing, applying security testing
methodologies. You utilize in-depth knowledge of technological
alternatives and business system requirements to recommend
innovations that enhance and provides a competitive advantage to
the organization. You apply Agile best practices to collaborate and
participate in creating user stories for security to ensure the
delivery of solutions. In assuming this position, you are a vital
contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative,
cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to
rapidly adapt to dynamic environments as well as to expand our AI
HIGHLIGHTS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Implement and execute vulnerability scanning tools, identify
security vulnerability owners, and generate actionable reports.
* Interface with owners to successfully remediate identified
* Collaborate with infrastructure and application teams to provide
* Automate vulnerability scanning operations and integrate security
tools with our CI system.
* Identify security risks and outlines mitigation plan.
* Implement lessons learned/best practices and look to improve the
quality of the releases.
* Assist in determining the direction of current and future
developments in the security strategy.
* Work across development and operational environments.
* Stay abreast of security technologies and best practices.
* Skillful to multitask and flexible to changing strategies and
* U.S Citizenship.
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, or
Cyber Security; Master's degree is preferred.
* 4+ years of experience in security scanning and application
* Experience with vulnerability scanning and penetration tools,
especially HP Fortify
* Experience with SonarQube a plus
* Programming and automated testing experience.
* Passion and experience for keeping up with current security
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Independent and self-motivated.
* Must have Secret clearance or higher.
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential
* Sitting for long periods.
* Ambulate throughout an office.
* Ambulate between several buildings.
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting,
hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or
category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or
regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation,
benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance,
social, and recreational programs are administered without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability,
genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender
identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable
federal, state, and local laws and regulations. NCI is a VEVRAA
Keywords: NCI Information Systems, Reston , Security Engineer/Tester, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!