Elastic Search System Administrator
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Description Job Description:Leidos is seeking a System
Administrator for one of our Application Services contracts.
Candidates should be highly skilled and able to provide complex
administration tasks. Candidates may work individually or as a key
member of a senior leadership team. This position may oversee and
monitor performance across several disciplines, and when required,
takes steps to resolve issues. Provides expert guidance and
direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and
managers. Directs multiple contractor and subcontractors teams
through to project completion.Primary Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility is the maintenance of a large
ElasticSearch /MongDB cluster running on Linux on multiple domains,
along with the Java application and web services.
- One system is running in the Cloud - the other is running on
physical hardware but is in the process of migrating to the Cloud.
The system indexes millions of documents with hundreds more coming
in every day.
- The application and web services support mission critical
- This position requires strong skillsets administering Linux,
ElasticSearch (cluster), MongoDB (cluster), working in a Cloud
(AWS) infrastructure, and monitoring and resolving application or
- Will also require the ability to stand up a new environment in
AWS and migrate the production system to it.
- Must maintain Dev, Test, and Production environments.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, administration,
support and maintenance of systems, including associated hardware.
Duties may include updating to new systems, as well as support on
current systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space,
and implementing critical system patches.
- Influences development of solutions that impact strategic
project/program goals and business results. Recommends and develops
new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of
function's strategy and operations. Leads and manages works of
other technical staff that has significant impact on project
- Resolves highly complex problems using significant application
of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and
interpretation. Develops solutions that are highly innovative, and
achieved through research and integration of best practices.
- Generally recognized as a leader in the industry in their area
of expertise; sought out by others in the area of expertise for
advice and guidance
- Provide expert support, analysis, research, and advice into
exceptionally complex problems, and processes relating to the
- Serve as technical expert on executive-level project teams
providing technical direction, interpretation and
- Perform highly specialized and technical tasks associated with
the most current and cutting-edge technologies
- May serve as a technical consultant to a project or a number
projects dealing with area of technical expertise
- Coordinate with contract management and Government personnel to
ensure the problems have been properly defined and the solutions
satisfy customer needsBasic Qualifications
- Recent experience in the listed technologies required.
- AWS skills required - AWS certificate preferred.
- Excellent troubleshooting/problem solving skills required.
- Must understand how to harden/STIG all components of a
- Must know how to request and install PKI certificates.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly is required.
- DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification
commensurate with technical objectives and services required within
the task order.
- Expertise is in a particular area of Information Technology
(e.g., Cybersecurity, Information Systems Architecture,
Telecommunications Systems Design, Architecture, Implementation,
Information Systems Integration, Software Development
Methodologies, Security Engineering, Communications and Network
- High School diploma/GED with 12 years of experience, or
Associates degree with 10 years of experience, or Bachelors degree
with 8 yearsof experience, or Masters degree with 6 years of
experience, or PhD with 4 years of experienceExternal Referral
Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top
Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:NoScheduled Weekly
Family:Systems AdministrationPay Range:Leidos is a Fortune 500 --
information technology, engineering, and science solutions and
services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in
the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health
markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for
government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va.,
Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for
the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit
.Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's
why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of
the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include
competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income
Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available
here .Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related
information at any part of the employment application process. And
Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent
from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting
to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any
other personal information, please report the email to .All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin,
citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure,
marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military
status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with relevant laws. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Elastic Search System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!