Network Security Engineer job in Reston, VA
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Security Engineer job in Reston, VA. You will be responsible for
identify security requirements, make recommendations, and design
security solutions, and ensure secure transition of internal and
external hosted applications to production.
• Understand and advocate IT Security standards and reference
• Perform the technology planning, design, implementation and
change support of IT Security infrastructure solutions.
• Support the security risk assessment of applications and
infrastructure; including remediation of incident response,
vulnerability analysis and threat intelligence.
• Coordination with Operations team for the design, build and
production readiness of Security infrastructure solutions
supporting mission critical production environments and
• Coordination with Information Security team to ensure solution
assurance and compliance to security policy, procedures, standards
and baseline security configurations.
• Ensure decisions around IT Security solutions are made and
deviations from standards are properly identified, addressed and
• Stay current with developing technologies, emerging threat
landscape and predict impact of changing technologies.
• Ensure consistent delivery of superior technical solutions.
• Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and
evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies.
• Continually define ways to increase customer satisfaction and
deepen client relationships.
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology, engineering,
computer science, related field or equivalent experience.
• At least 10 years of experience in Information Security.
• 5+ years in a senior level security engineering role with at
least four (4) of the following areas: network-security,
host/endpoint protection, access control management, federated
identity and single sign-on, certificate and key management,
directory services, database security and web services
• Experience with automated security monitoring, network/host
intrusion detection, security incident event management.
• Demonstrated experience with network protocol and operating
• Knowledge of security issues, techniques and implications across
• Knowledge of information security standards (e.g., ISO, NIST)
with an emphasis on NIST 800-53.
Please apply today! We are interviewing this week.
Keywords: , Reston , Network Security Engineer job in Reston, VA, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!