Sr. Linux Systems Administrator
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Description Job Description:Why wake up every day and want more
when YOU CAN HAVE IT?-- Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day
that your work made a difference?-- We embrace and solve some of
the world"s toughest challenges. We're focused on ensuring our
intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and
tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and
succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets
around the world. Who wouldn't be fulfilled being part of that
every day?-- We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go
home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE,
resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have
imagined.---- EACH DAY MATTERS!We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Sr.
Windows Administrator to provide support for a mission critical
system.-- In this role, you will perform System Administration
tasks on a customer's system that supports mission needs and
coordination requirements.-- This individual will work in a team
environment and coordinate with appropriate elements to effectively
design, development, and deployment of products, tools,
capabilities and monitoring/securing objectives.This program offers
great growth opportunities across multiple teams for those who
demonstrate a Strong Work Ethic, Great Attitude and Desire to Learn
and Develop Additional Skills.Primary Responsibilities:
- Basic Application and Network Trouble-shooting skills - Duties
include examining highly complex customer problems and suggesting
and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair
- Providing Problem Management Support - This role analyzes
recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing
re-occurrence.-- In addition, responsible for developing and
applying in-depth understanding towards solutions of technical
issues and problems that are undefined and complex.----
- Basic Systems Administration skills - Individuals in this role
may be required to remotely log into the end users" endpoint
(desktops and/or servers with Windows or Linux OS) in order to
perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other
- Providing Incident Management Support - Issues are complex in
nature, team members respond to and address customer technical
challenges through the diagnosis, analysis, application, and
monitoring of complex solutions across multiple technical platforms
that span organizational structures and classification
- Providing Software and Hardware Maintenance Support - This role
is also responsible for installation, configuration,
administration, support and maintenance of systems, including
- Providing Operations and Sustainment Support - Duties may
include updating to new systems, as well as support on current
systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, and
implementing critical system patches.--
- Account Management - Utilize application/system tools to
validate customer credentials and to grant system/application
- Responsible for entire projects or processes spanning multiple
- Manages large projects or processes with moderate impact on the
achievement of sub-family results.
- Develops solutions to complex technical issues and problems
that impact multiple area or disciplines.--
- May communicate with parties external to the organization
(e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.).--
- Works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution
design, process and/or approaches.
- Requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced
technical principles, theories, and concepts.Basic Qualifications:
- In-Depth of experience with Windows 2012/2016
- Significant experience with Active Directory and DNS
- Significant experience with hardening Windows environments
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment
- Experience with server patch management methodologies
- Familiarity working with Window's PowerShell.
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence.
- Significant experience of LINUX or equivalent system
- Significant experience of application troubleshooting
- Significant experience of Network trouble-shooting
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key
tasks and high impact assignments.
- Significant experience planning and leading major technology
- Significant experience evaluating performance results and
recommending major changes affecting short-term project growth and
- Experience with interacting with customers to handle service
inquiries and problems.
- Experience supervising others.
- Candidate must have Bachelors with 8-12 years of prior relevant
experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
Will consider work experience in lieu of a degree.Preferred
- Knowledge of AWS cloud services and the cloud ecosystem.
- Experience using ElasticSearch
- Operating and maintaining systems in LinuxClearance/Citizenship
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph"External
Referral Eligible"NSOINTExternal Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential
for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with
PolygraphTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition
Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Systems AdministrationPay Range:
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Sr. Linux Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!