Our Senior Systems Administrator practices a hybrid of System
Administration, Cloud Engineering, Configuration/Release
Management, Systems integration, and Software Development.
• Implement and manage multi-server deployments in a virtual
environment, such as AWS or Rackspace Cloud.
• Collaborate with development teams to deploy new code to
• Set up and maintain monitoring systems and alarms for production
• Set up back-up mechanisms for production environment and test
disaster recovery mechanisms.
• Collaborate with Operations and Development teams to evolve
operations best practices.
• Participate in 24/7 on-call schedules with team members
• 5-7 years? experience combining Development and Operational
• In-depth knowledge of an infrastructure automation framework,
such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
• Strong Linux System Administration experience – specifically for
• Proficiency in scripting languages and shells – Perl, Python,
Ruby, PHP, and shell scripting.
• Experience setting up and managing MySQL Databases.
• Experience setting up and managing Tomcat, Apache, and Solr.
• Ability to articulate concepts/ideas and work effectively with
others under pressure.
• Incorporate commitments, strategic objectives, and day-to-day
• High level of problem solving and conflict resolution
• Knowledge and experience of typical build and release management
processes, including continuous integration packages
such as Hudson or Jenkins.
• Knowledge and experience of operational monitoring systems, such
as Hyperic or Nagios.
• Development experience with Java in a web application setting –
• Exposure to Cloud Engineering - BIG PLUS.
Education and/or Experience
• BS in Computer Sciences or equivalent experience