Project Specialist - Field Services
Posted on: June 17, 2022
DescriptionJob Description:On the TSA Checkpoint Screening
Equipment Deployment Services (SEDS) IDIQ Contract, Leidos has an
opening for Project Specialist / Field Operations personnel to
support the deployment and integration of new Transportation
Security Equipment (TSE) at airports across the country,
specifically in the passenger checkpoint environment.As an integral
member of the Leidos Deployment Team, the Project Specialist will
support construction activities related to electrical and data site
preparation, logistics services and deployment of TSE. The Project
Specialist position will support the Regional Coordinator and
airport-specific Site Leads in the planning, scheduling and
execution of various Task Orders and airport projects throughout
the lifecycle.Frequent travel to airports with varying work
schedules should be expected.*site preparation and
installation/deployment project phases are often executed overnight
when the TSA checkpoint is most accessible*As a Federally-funded
contract, COVID-19 vaccination and maintenance via approved booster
shots is a condition of employment.Primary
- Assist Regional Coordinators and Site Leads in the development
of project schedules.
- Assist in the management of subcontracted services, such as
electrical and data site preparation, equipment rigging and
- Inspect and confirm equipment configurations in storage and in
preparation for shipment
- Process daily reports as required by the contract.
- Assist in the closeout of airport projects, punch list items
and documentation deliverables.
- Assist the site lead in the creation and review of Statements
of Work (SOW) and the technical review of subcontractor
- Provide support to the project team in submitting documentation
for airport approvals; tracking status of design documentation and
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and less than 2
years prior relevant experience.
- Experience working in a light construction environment,
airports or in support of large equipment deployment projects.
- Physical capabilities consistent with a light construction
environment and equipment rigging work (carrying supplies,
lifting/moving equipment, etc. - minimum 40 lbs)
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
- Ability to read/interpret engineering/design drawings.
- Well organized and able to work in a fast paced, dynamic
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to develop high
quality services and products (e.g., reports, spreadsheets,
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with a
cross-functional remote team environment.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.Preferred
- Trade experience (electrical, telecom, heavy equipment
- Field technician experience
- QA/QC experience
- Able to speak Spanish is a plus.Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00
- $78,000.00 - $105,300.00#Remote
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Project Specialist - Field Services, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!