Posted on: June 18, 2022
Date Posted: 2022-06-13Category: Information TechnologySubcategory:
Sys AdministratorSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day JobTravel: Yes, 10 %
of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required: NoneClearance Level Must Be
Able to Obtain: SecretPotential for Remote Work: No
Description SAIC is looking for a Senior System Administrator to
join our team supporting a mission essential program in support of
DOD. We are seeking an individual who is self-motivated, fast
learner, and fully committed to the success of the program. This
position will be located in Reston, VA on SAIC site.
Performs day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades
for complex operating systems, workstations and servers.
Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations
and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in
accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Continually
monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance
levels. Collaborate with development team and testing team to
prioritize the tasks. Systems Administrator Responsibilities:
- Managing and monitoring installed systems and
- Maintaining and patching systems within a closed/air-gapped
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating
systems, application, software and system management
- Maintain systems, application and infrastructure
- Monitor and work with developers to develop, test and implement
possible solutions at the system level for any bottlenecks or
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency
and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design and implementation of information and
operational support systems.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem
- Periodically assist with DevOps and DevSecOps
- Create and maintain programmatic and technical documentation to
ensure efficient planning and execution.
- Provide assistance in managing and documenting system
- Deploy product/solution in support of a DoD contract in
capacity of systems administrator.
- Participate in test coordination and oversight for all
applications and systems supported by the program.
- Install new or rebuild existing servers and configuration of
hardware peripherals, services, settings, directories and
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related
subject and five (5) years of experience or a Master's degree and
three (3) years of experience; years of experience may be
substituted in lieu of a degree.
Security + certification.
- Working knowledge of Jenkins, GitHub, Nexus, Jira, Confluence,
SonarQube, Fortify and hyper-converged server solutions (e.g.
- Proven skills and working experience with Windows and
UNIX/Linux, specifically Solaris and RHEL.
- Proven skills experience with virtualization and
containerization, specifically VMware and RedHat
- Experience with automation software, specifically
- Experience in maintaining networks, specifically using Cisco
IOS, OSI Model and TCP/IP.
Must be willing and able to obtain an Interim Secret/ Secret
- Maintaining a multi-node virtualized cluster.
- Solid, proven experience creating automation solutions with
Ansible or equivalents (Puppet, Chef, SaltStack).
- Experience standing up containerized clusters using RedHat
- Experience setting up reverse proxies to use SSL/TLS encryption
in front of applications using Apache, nginx or equivalent.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or
boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed
when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier
Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology
transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the
defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure
high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial
intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and
understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate
the best components from our own portfolio and our partner
ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions
that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by
purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an fostering a
respectful work culture based on that values all contributors.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of
approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit .
Keywords: SAIC, Reston , System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!