Software Engineer / full-time / Reston, VA (Remote)
Company: Russell Tobin
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Lead Software EngineerLocation: Reston, VA (work-from-home at
the moment)Permanent (full-time)Description
- Performs complex analysis, design, development, automated unit
and integration testing, and debugging of computer software ranging
from operating system architecture integration and software design
to selection of computer systems, language, and/or equipment.
- Designs, codes, tests, develops, and documents application
programs for computer systems.
- Works with end-users and project stakeholders to define system
scope and objectives.
- Manages modifications to and maintenance of operational
programs and procedures.
- Leads stakeholder and product owner meetings to define software
requirements and creates highly complex systems.
- Acts as a mentor to junior engineersSupervisory Responsibility
- Position does not have direct reports but is expected to assist
in guiding and mentoring less experienced staff.
- May lead a team of matrixed resources.Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
OR in lieu of a bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of
relevant work experience is required in addition to the required
- Knowledge of multiple front-end languages and libraries (e.g.,
routes, jest/enzyme, Angular material, Bootstrap5).
- Knowledge of multiple back-end languages (e.g., C#, Java,
- Knowledge of Spring framework (i.e., Spring boot , Micro
services, Spring data, Spring Security).
- Knowledge of open-source API (e.g GraphQL).
- Knowledge of commercial off the shelf technologies (e.g.,
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (e.g., AWS, Azure).
- Knowledge of database technologies (e.g., cloud, SQL, Oracle,
Mongo DB, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Fundamental knowledge of software engineers' best practices,
agile methodologies, CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of test-first practices including Test-Driven
Development (TDD) for unit tests and Behavior-Driven Development
(BDD) for automated acceptance tests.
- Strong experience with Deployment/Continuous Integration/
Continuous Testing/ Continuous Delivery processes and tools and
have expertise in CI/CD tools and framework.
- Experience with deploying a global application and
- Reviewing the work of other developers and providing
Keywords: Russell Tobin, Reston , Software Engineer / full-time / Reston, VA (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!