Information Systems Security Engineer
Company: Base-2 Solutions, LLC
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Required Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI City: Reston
State/Territory: Virginia Travel: None Potential for Teleworking:
No Schedule: Full Time DoD 8570 IAT Requirement: None DoD 8570 IAM
Requirement: None DoD 8570 IASAE Requirement: None DoD CSSP
Requirement: None Information System Security Engineers (ISSE) will
provide security engineering input to programs throughout the
lifecycle to ensure systems meet ICD-503 controls. The ISSE is
responsible for and provide system/applications, security specific
architecture, and engineering direction for their specific program
level support conducting information system security engineering
activities. ISSE is a process that captures and refines information
security requirements and ensures that the requirements are
effectively integrated into information technology component
products and information systems through purposeful security
architecting, design, development, and configuration. ISSE's employ
best practices when implementing security controls within an
information system including software engineering methodologies,
system/security engineering principles, secure design, secure
architecture, and secure coding techniques. ISSE's coordinate their
security-related activities with Information Assurance Systems
Architects, Information Systems Security Officers (ISSO),
Information System Owners (ISO), and Common Control Providers
- Design of unclassified and classified Amazon Web Services (AWS)
and Commercial Cloud Services (C2S) sandbox for Engineering
- Configuration and maintenance of Virtual Machines (EC2
Instances), security settings, AWS services used in the
unclassified and classified AWS sandbox for IA & Engineering
- Support to the DIA Collaborative Operations & Development
Environment (CODE) team, and any future DIA DevOpsSec initiatives,
in the implementation of the DevOpsSec Framework for IC IE.
- Support regular review of DIA C2S security settings, roles,
privileges, environmental settings.
- Support application development or infrastructure development
teams in the review of their engineering requirements, data and
system security requirements per categorization, and in specific
software or system security implementation, techniques, or tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security,
Information Assurance, or a related technical discipline with 5+
years of experience with information system development and
security; an additional 4 years of experience may be substituted
for a degree.
- DoD 8570 IASAE Level II certification requirements (currently
CISSP, CASP CE, or CSSLP). Qualifications ISSEs are expected to
have a high degree of technical and security excellence in multiple
of the following areas:
- DevOps Methodologies, Tools, and Practices.
- Agile or Scrum Team Methodologies, Tools, and Practices.
- AWS Security Configuration (e.g., VPC & Networking ACLs,
Flow-Log Analysis, Security Groups, Ports & Protocols, Cloud Watch,
- Software Development in Java, Python, Ruby, or C++.
- Linux OS (e.g., RedHat or CentOS), IPTables, and network
- Dynamic & Static Application Security Scanning (e.g., HP
Fortify SCA, Checkmarx, Veracode, HP WebInspect, OWASP ZAP).
- Virtualization and containers (e.g., VM provisioning, Docker
containers, Vagrant, etc.)
- Infrastructure Security Scanning (e.g., Nessus, OpenSCAP,
Twistlock for Docker, Docker Security Bench, ACAS, PVS, etc.) Our
-Pay & Benefits Include Compensation
- Above Market Pay
- Up to $10,000 for Referral Bonuses
- Additional Bonuses for -Exceptional Performance and -Assisting
with Business Development and Company Growth Health
- 100% Paid Premiums for Health Insurance. Choose from over 60
gold-level medical plans from Aetna, CareFirst BCBS, Kaiser and
UnitedHealthcare. Choose from PPO, EPO, POS, HMO, and
HSA-compatible plans with Health Savings Account and Flexible
Spending Account Options.
- 100% Paid Premiums for Dental Insurance
- 100% Paid Premiums for Vision Insurance Income Protection
- 100% Paid Premiums for Short-Term Disability
- 100% Paid Premiums for Long-Term Disability
- 100% Paid Premiums for Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- 100% Paid Premiums for Basic Term Life Insurance Retirement
- 8% Company Contribution to 401k with Immediate Vesting of
Contributions and Pre-Tax and Roth Options Leave
- Up to 25 Days of Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 11 Days of Paid Floating Holidays Work-Life Balance
- Flexible Work Schedules including Flex Time and Compressed Work
- Remote Work including Partial or Fully Remote.
Keywords: Base-2 Solutions, LLC, Reston , Information Systems Security Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!