Veterans Preferred - ETL Developer
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -Job Title: ETL
Location: Reston, VA
Duration: 6 months
Rate: $47 - $56/hr W2
- Over 8-10 years of experience in the field of Information
Technology with proficiency in ETL design/development and Data
- Experienced in Design, Development and Implementation of large
- scale projects in Financial, Shipping and Retail industries using
Data Warehousing ETL tools (Pentaho) and Business Intelligence
- Knowledge about Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Agile,
Application Maintenance Change Process (AMCP).
- Excellent data analysis skills.
- Experience in Architecting and building Data Warehouse systems
and Business Intelligence systems including ETL using Pentaho BI
Suite (Pentaho Data Integration Designer / Kettle).
- Hands-on experience on Data warehouse Star Schema Modeling,
Snow-Flake Modeling, FACT & Dimension Tables, Physical and Logical
- Installed and configured Pentaho BI Server on different
operating systems like Red Hat, Linux and Windows Server.
- Hands on experience on the whole ETL (Extract Transformation &
- Experience in creating ETL transformations and jobs using
Pentaho Kettle Spoon designer and Pentaho Data Integration Designer
and scheduling them on Pentaho BI Server.
- Used bunch of steps in Pentaho transformations including Row
Normalizer, Row Demoralizer, Database Lookup, Database Join,
Calculator, Add Sequence, Add Constants and various types of inputs
and outputs for various data sources including Tables, Access, Text
File, Excel and CSV file.
- Integrating Kettle (ETL) with Hadoop and other various NoSQL
data stores can be found in the Pentaho Big Data Plugin. This is a
Kettle plugin and provides connectors to HDFS, MapReduce, HBase,
Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB that work across Pentaho Data
- Loaded unstructured data into Hadoop File System
- Experience in performing Data Masking/Protection using Pentaho
Data Integration (Kettle).
- Experience in writing shell scripting for various ETL
- Deep knowledge of RDBMS (SQL Server, MySQL, DB2 etc) and NoSQL
databases such as MongoDB, DynamoDB and Cassandra.
- Proficient in writing Confidential - SQL Statements, Complex
Stored Procedures, Dynamic SQL queries, Batches, Scripts,
Functions, Triggers, Views, Cursors and Query
- Quick understanding of Relational Source Database Systems and
data models for building accurate transformation logic that can be
used in Data Migration and Data Integration.
- Good to have Supply Chain Knowledge.
- Motivated team player with excellent communication,
interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains
how we will use your information, please navigate to
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and
Keywords: MODIS, Reston , Veterans Preferred - ETL Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!