IT Auditor - Technical
Posted on: November 25, 2022
About SecureIT: SecureIT provides full-spectrum cybersecurity
and IT risk services to commercial organizations, government
contractors, and the Federal Government. We perform independent
assessments and audits, design and implement security solutions,
and provide ongoing support to help our clients protect their
information systems from cybersecurity threats.
Why you'll like it here:
* Work with diverse and technically challenging IT environments
* Thrive in a people-focused company culture
* Collaborate closely with SecureIT executives in managing
relationships with clients and growing the security practice
* Bring positive energy to the company and make a meaningful impact
on our success
Our organization is a culture of committed, smart, fun individuals,
and we're always looking for more to join the team. We're a small
organization, but we do big things that successfully impact the
portfolio of commercial and federal clients that we serve. The
experiences and skills that you currently possess, and the new ones
that you will acquire as part of our team, will be invaluable as we
continue to grow our business through a diverse array of projects.
We are firmly committed to our employees, and we offer an excellent
benefits package to ensure that you are well taken care of at
What you'll be doing:
* Scoping, planning, and conducting security process assessments
(e.g., event management, incident response, vulnerability
management, configuration management, mobile device management),
and detailed control reviews
* Performing security configuration reviews of host operating
systems, databases, web infrastructure components, and network
* Partnering effectively with other team members to promote quality
and efficiency on larger, more complex projects
* Assessing the level risk, the effectiveness of controls, and
documenting testing results
* Communicating risk and security issues in business context (i.e.
translate technical risks to business risks)
* Assisting in managing relationships with clients, representing
SecureIT in the community, and helping to grow our business
What you'll bring to the table:
* Team Players who want to add to our culture, and integrate well
into the existing team
* A demonstrated ability to assess systems, applications, and
databases for security vulnerabilities and misconfigurations.
* In-depth experience in IT Audit or Information Security, with a
focus in technical configuration and vulnerability assessments.
* An understanding of the "why" behind recommended security
settings and the ability to identify the underlying risks that
* CISSP, CISA, CEH, and Security tool certifications are highly
desired, but not mandatory.
* A client-first attitude, and an ability to communicate
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems,
Accounting or a related discipline
Keywords: SecureIT, Reston , IT Auditor - Technical, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!