Senior SQL Developer
Company: Altruista Health
Posted on: September 9, 2018
Altruista Health, Inc., is seeking a highly qualified candidate to join our dynamic and growing health care technology company as a Senior SQL Developer. Recently named one of Deloittes fastest growing technology companies, Altruista Health is a leading provider of patient-centric and customizable care management solutions for health plans and providers throughout the United States. Driven by a passion for innovation and technology, were building solutions that positively impact peoples lives. If you're looking for opportunities for career advancement while performing meaningful work with great people, come join one of the Washington Metropolitan areas fastest growing companies! Highlights include:
* A competitive compensation package
* High quality health care plan
* Dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage
* 401(k) Plan with matching contributions and no waiting period
Under the direction of the Manager, Business Intelligence. The Senior SQL Developer provides complex scheduled and ad hoc reports to Altruistas clients, as well as to internal team members, and ensures the validity of the data being provided.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Design, develop, and test complex SQL queries for both internal and external clients that are outside of canned reports within the application
* Design, develop, test, and implement complex database code, such as stored procedures to customize reports based on specific parameters to allow for ongoing flexibility
* Perform analysis and validation of the data being queried for internal and external clients to ensure accuracy and consistency
* Rewrite and correct existing inefficient or poorly performing queries and stored procedures to run more efficiently and to ensure stronger performance
* Design, develop, and test front end reports that can be implemented by the Application development team to push to production for release
* Assist internal and external users with data mapping for ad hoc reporting, as well as helping them understand the layout of data warehouse tables
* Troubleshoots reporting issues and resolves end user reporting problems through collaboration between multiple functional teams in a timely manner
* Work with all levels of application development team to ensure the look and feel of the reporting feature captures end user needs
* Interacts with report owners to clarify requirements and customize to report specifications and features to ensure finished reporting product meets end user needs
* Develops data modeling concepts to put into meaningful views for smoother reporting capabilities
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field
* 7-10 years related work experience
* Experience with SQL
* Ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of relational databases and the SQL server software platform like SSIS, & SSAS
* Must have the passion for high quality data
* Effective written, verbal, and organization / project management skills to manage multiple projects
* Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
* Ability to work both independently and with minimal guidance, as well as with a team
* Ability to manage a workload based on shifting priorities
* Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
* Experience in Agile or SCRUM practices a plus
BACKGROUND CHECKS/FEDERAL HEALTHCARE PROGRAM EXCLUSION LISTS SCREENING
Candidates for this position will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check. All Altruista Health employees are subject to monthly screening to ensure that they have not been excluded from the Federal Healthcare Programs (using the OIG and GSA Exclusion Lists). The Companys pre-employment background check and OIG/GSA Exclusion Lists screening program is administered in compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
This position is based out of Altruista Health's headquarters, located in Reston, VA.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Altruista Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workforce.
- provided by Dice Agile, Analysis, Business Intelligence, Database, Data Modeling, Data Warehouse, Developer, Development, Manager, Management, Modeling, Project, Project Management, Release, Scrum, SQL, SQL Server, Validation
Keywords: Altruista Health, Reston , Senior SQL Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!