Network Systems Developer
Company: Transaction Network Services
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Network Systems Developer Position Description Overview
- Network Systems Developer responsible for developing automation tools for the implementation of TNS Global products and services and for auditing network assets. Primary responsibilities include designing and implementing custom automation solutions for service delivery teams that interface with existing platforms and systems, automating compliancy and policy verification of network assets and developing tools to aid Operations in maintaining and monitoring the Global IP Network. The position will require interaction with internal teams (Service Delivery, Operations, Planning, and Business Units) for requirements gathering and deployment coordination. The position will also work with external vendors for solution evaluation and customization. Responsibilities
- Design and document software components that meet organization and industry standards.
- Code high quality software components in accordance with organizational standards, technical requirements, and detailed designs
- Effectively participate in a team oriented environment that involves continuous design reviews, code reviews, and collaboration.
- Proactively communicate with Development Manager and/or Technical Lead regarding the status and potential impacts on the delivery date and/or expected quality of tasks and projects.
- Actively work with Project Management and QA teams and produce technical documentation required by QA.
- Provide technical guidance and product expertise to Service Delivery and Operations to resolve production issues.
- Follow established development processes for assigned projects. Qualifications
- 2-4 years of experience developing complex, reliable software systems based on PHP and Perl.
- Expertise with Relational Database Schema design and SQL
- Experience working on and developing software for Linux/Unix/Solaris platforms.
- Complete development life cycle experience from design through implementation.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and routing protocols (BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MULTICAST, NAT)
- Experience with architecture and provisioning of MPLS networks and services including Carrier Ethernet, MPLS L3VPN & L2VPNs, VPLS, Circuit Emulation, IPSec VPNs, IP Multicast, QOS/COS
- Knowledgeable in layer-2 Ethernet technologies
- Familiarity with IPSEC and VPN technologies
- Experience with command-line interfaces, graphical user interfaces, SNMP agents, statistical monitoring and analysis
- Creative, flexible, and able to fill multiple functions within a development team.
- Proven track record of successfully designing and developing enterprise class systems with stringent availability, performance and SLA requirements.
- Ability to provide written and verbal presentations on technical topics to corporate peers and management
- Self-motivated; Able to work independently or within a team environment, with minimum instruction from management
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Desired
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with NMS Platforms
- Experience with Remedy
- Hands-on experience with Service Provider class Cisco and or Juniper routers and switches
- Experience in telecommunications systems and protocols. Education Required
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent in related fields. We have been delivering industry-leading solutions for the payments, financial and telecommunications industries since 1990. We are the preferred supplier of networking, integrated data and voice services to many leading organizations in the global payments and financial communities, as well as a provider of extensive telecommunications network solutions to service providers. We are a privately held company with a healthy balance sheet, secure assets and a loyal customer base that includes some of the largest global blue-chip companies in the world. Many of the world's leading companies continue to count on us as their primary provider of a range of networking and communication services, enabling them to expand regionally, nationally and globally. We provide services to customers in over 60 countries throughout the world. We manage some of the largest real-time community networks in the world, enabling industry participants to simply and securely interact and transact with other businesses, to access the data and applications they need, over managed and secure communications platforms. Our existing footprint supports millions of connections and provide access to critical databases. Our network securely blends private and public networking to enable customers to utilize a single connection for "one-to-many" and "many-to-many"connections over a global platform. Since our launch we have helped our customers and communities of interest, requiring secure and reliable communications solutions, to evolve from legacy to leading-edge technologies. Today the company provides a full range of services from dedicated connections to managed IP network solutions, providing local support and global reach to medium and large enterprises and service providers. Application Instructions Applicants are encouraged to submit an electronic resume when applying for our positions. Job postings are open until filled, unless otherwise specified.
Keywords: Transaction Network Services, Reston , Network Systems Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!