Telecommunications Technician II
Posted on: September 15, 2018
CoreSite is currently accepting applications for an opening on our Field Operations Team.
We are only accepting local applicants in Northern Virginia.
Telecommunications Technician II - Reston, VA
As a member of the company's Operations team, the Telecommunications Technician II will be responsible for carrying out day to day operations in a 24/7 environment under the direction of the Operations Supervisor or Manager within their geographic or organizational area of responsibility. Has advanced knowledge of the fundamentals of telecommunications and data center operating procedures. Acquires jobs skills and learns company policies and procedures in order to complete routine operations tasks and assignments.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature, but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practices
- Trouble Ticket Management
- Remote Hands Management
- Work Order Completion Process
- Data Center floor verifications
- Customer build-outs
- Terminate corresponding cabling for all copper distribution panels
- Assist in hardware inventory management
- Strong commitment to the documented and formal standard operating procedures for CoreSite Data Center operations
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to adapt easily
- Ability to prioritize and work around deadlines
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Hands on experience with all media type termination methods
- Advanced troubleshooting and isolation methods for all media types utilizing CoreSite provided test equipment
- Advanced knowledge of fundamental and best practices of cabling media types
- Proficient in 568A, 568B and 568C standards and installation practices
- Ability to splice fiber using single or mass fusion splicer
- Manage and complete hardware installations and decommissions
- Basic understanding of Data Center infrastructure
- Branch Circuit Monitoring
- Fire Suppression
- Working knowledge of hand tools, including power tools
- Computer literate
- Customer service experience
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Commitment to quality and personal ethics
- Ability to work independently, but as part of a team concept
- Ability to have fun in a hectic environment and put the customer needs first
- Schedule flexibility with ability to work non-standard business hours.
- Successfully meet CoreSite professional standards
- Able to follow all escalation procedures in regard to critical failures
- A minimum of 2-4 years of related experience in Data Center or Central Office (CO) Environment
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Be able to pass an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand 1/3 - 2/3 of the time
- Ability to walk 1/3 - 2/3 of the time
- Ability to sit 1/3 - 2/3 of the time
- Ability to climb and balance 1/3 - 2/3 of the time
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl 1/3 - 2/3 of the time
- Ability to reach with hands & arms 1/3 - 2/3 of the time
- Ability to smell, talk & hear
- Ability to use hands to type, handle, feel
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- Ability to see at close and distance ranges and the ability to see color
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds 1/3 of the time
Please note: Relocation assistance will not be provided for this job. If you are interested in a role like this, but currently do not live in the defined location, we encourage you to view our other open positions.
CoreSite is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law are not taken into account in any employment decisions.CoreSite completes a variety of background check assessments (including inquiries of criminal history and drug tests) in accordance with all federal, state and local laws. Candidates are considered consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO and other applicable regulations. If you require assistance or an accommodation to successfully complete an application with CoreSite, please notify us.
Thank you for your interest in CoreSite.
Keywords: CoreSite, Reston , Telecommunications Technician II, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!