Lead Java Developer Job in Reston, VA (SAML and OAUTH)
Posted on: October 9, 2018
Lead Developer Job in Reston, VA, 6 months contract to hire. This educational company is a great place to work, and is in need of a Lead Developer with SAML and OAUTH experience. Apply to this job today!
The Senior/Lead Software Engineer will be a senior member on the team, responsible for the design and development of application software. The successful candidate will be a seasoned software engineer with leadership skills and extensive knowledge and experience in designing and building complex, highly scalable and dependable application systems using Java/J2EE based technologies.
• Follows established coding standards and other group procedures, both individually and at a team level. Must ensure proper code reviews are held for the project and that development processes and tool utilization (e.g. Hudson, PMD, Checkstyle, etc.) are followed.
• Drives continuous improvement of software development processes and tools to improve software quality and team efficiency
• Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of the business processes of supported products and applications, and works with the customers and various stakeholders to develop cost effective, elegant solutions to business problems
• Contributes to the engineering team’s culture of high code quality. Ultimately accountable for the quality of code that gets delivered to QA and production.
• Ensures that continuous integration is performed on the application source code and constantly seeks to enhance the development methods to ensure extremely high quality code is delivered.
• Works closely with project management and requirements analysts to thoroughly understand the system requirements and ensure they are properly implemented and actively escalate requirements that may cause unnecessary risk or cost.
• Thorough understanding of accessibility and progressive enhancement presentation layer coding practices.
Successful candidates will have a comprehensive knowledge of web front-end and back-end development tools, technologies, practices, and standards; proven ability to integrate large scale systems or third party products; and a track record of delivering high-quality, web-based business solutions in a timely and effective manner. 7 + years of directly-related work experience in a professional position in software development or a related field. Minimum 7+ years of experience in Java development, tuning and implementing large scale, complex system architectures required.
• Experience working in an iterative development environment (familiarity with RUP and/or Agile/Scrum is a plus)
• Experience in documenting design and architecture artifacts and presenting artifacts for architectural review
• Expert-level Object Oriented knowledge, with demonstrated complex implementations a must, e.g., custom API's, optimization techniques, and design patterns.
• Experience and in-depth knowledge of infrastructure components including Apache, Weblogic and Oracle RDBMS
• Knowledge and experience in developing SOA/Web Services based applications is desired
• Demonstrated professional competence in the principles and practices of Identity and Access Management, preferably using Oracle IAM stack as they relate to:
- Oracle IAM SME is responsible for the maintenance and development of ongoing features involving Oracle 11g IAM Stack, including OAM, OIM, OID, OVD etc
- Design and develop automated provisioning and reconciliation of IT resources
- Request-based application and resource provisioning
- RBAC authentication to entitled applications and resources
- Role based resolution of approvers for request approval flows
- Software Security, Access Controls and Access Management principles
- Web Access Management, Web Single-Sign On, Enterprise Single-Sign On
- Experience in developing SOA services and Web Applications using development tools such as Weblogic, Tomcat, is strongly desired
• Familiarity with Software Security technologies and a demonstrated understanding of challenges posed by:
- Cloud-scale applications and mobile platforms
- Web Technologies: XML, SAML/SPML/SOAP, RESTful
• Expert-level understanding of an Apache, Weblogic and Oracle tiered system environment.
• Test-driven development and continuous integration experience is preferred
Keywords: , Reston , Lead Java Developer Job in Reston, VA (SAML and OAUTH), IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!