Java Application Developer
Posted on: October 10, 2018
Position: Java Application DeveloperLocation: Reston VADuration: 12+ Months POSITION SUMMARY:
- We are looking to hire motivated ApplicationsDevelopers looking to make a difference supporting the Nation and the US Intelligence Community.
- You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. In this role, you will support development and operations projects by serving as an Application Developer supporting the customer's mission by providing full software life cycle management of numerous mission critical software applications.
- You will be responsible for developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining complex applications and/or databases, including web applications and user interfaces to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- The successful candidate will bring strong critical thinking skills and impeccable judgment to prioritize multiple efforts and make a long-lasting impact for our customer.KEY HIGHLIGHTS:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Environment
- Large, rich client relational database warehouse system
- Large client base working on mission critical duties
- High availability, highly used application with near real-time data Duties and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the customer's instantiation of Momentum and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Software development and deployment shall encompass the development, testing, scheduling and coordinating as necessary, obtaining necessary approvals, and then deployment of all system software to customer standards
- Ensure customer configuration management practices are followed.
- Deploy any/all approved changes to the appropriate system and ensure that all customer approved changes are performing as expected and providing the desired solution.
- Engineer, develop, integrate, and support deploying solutions for specific user requirements not addressed in current baseline applications (one-off solutions), if necessary.
- Provide engineering/web development programming support for program/project requirements definition tasks, technical assessments and product evaluation, program/project verification and validation.
- Perform software development functions for supported systems/services in response to customer and infrastructure requirements.
- Engineer, develop, integrate and maintain software code as necessary to integrate COTS/developed applications information solutions to deliver requested capabilities, based on approved requirements.
- Evaluate COTS/developed applications products against legacy Lotus Notes and Domino developed applications.
- Provide recommendations to replace legacy applications with supportable web based applications.
- Support software development for prototyping of analytical tools, database management and user interfaces to databases, reports generation, business process applications, analysis software, utility applications, and custom software as required by the Sponsor.
- Support DevOps including but not limited to; Momentum DevOps Tool Kit, Jenkins, Artifactory, Github.
- Writes code user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone or those which access servers or services.
- Develops code necessary to complete the assigned project(s) in the specified time frame per departmental standards and guidelines.
- Identifies and reports problems in new and existing software.
- Recreates reported software problems to facilitate solutions to include validating the fixes for the software problems.
- Writes, modifies, and debugs software for client applications.
- Develops the critical components of the solution, including but not limited to, security, rules infrastructure, custom adapter implementation, and application interfaces.
- Uses source debuggers and visual development environments.
- Interprets business requirements and implements the necessary technology to fulfill requirements.
- Can serve as the primary technical lead for projects at the enterprise level, analyzing existing application interfaces, schemas and data needs.
- Architects and codes multi-environment system solutions utilizing various programming languages.
- Profiles, analyzes and optimizes the software he/she is responsible for implementing.
- Employs best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development.
- Actively participates in the documentation of software requirements, functional design, flowcharts and diagrams.
- Supports completed software throughout the Software Development Life Cycle and in production.
- Assists in the scheduling and coordinating of projects and may be involved in the design phase of a project.
- Seeks to improve personal job related knowledge and departmental process by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications.REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires bachelor's degree
- Experience with polygraph
- SQL programming experience
- Computer science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer science fundamentals in algorithm design and problem solving
- Full Scope Poly required for position Desired Qualifications: Knowledge of the US Intelligence Community and industry standards and technologies associated with software development, project engineering, systems development, systems engineering and integration, information technology, verification and validation, and information security.
- Experience writing RESTful web services
- Frameworks: Spring, Spring Security, Hibernate, JDBC, Tomcat, LotusNotes, Domino, IBM COGNOS
- Databases: Oracle, MySQL, Oracle RDS
- Hosting Platforms: AWS (specifically C2S), physical servers
- Oracle technologies (database, Tuxedo, Jolt, RDBMS, Weblogic etc)
- Cold Fusion
- SoftwareAG (WebMethods)
- AWS certification - provided by Dice Java Application Developer, polygraph, Full Scope Poly
Keywords: TalTeam, Reston , Java Application Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!