Business Analyst/ Scrum Master(F2F Interview Required)
Company: USM Business Systems
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Job Description:Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities. Analyzes business partner's operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions. Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology. Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications. Develop use case models, create activity/ sequence diagrams, create epics/ user stories and/or use cases, and write supplemental specifications to describe the application requirements to support the project scope. The Analyst must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, be sensitive to the changing needs of the business, be able to analyze problems and recommend solutions, and be able to work with minimal supervision. Performs work that is complex and varied in nature. Defines and discerns key aspects of a problem and develops an integrated solution within a broad technical and business context of significant impact. May provide guidance/training to more junior staff. Required Skills/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with the product owner on the IT side to help understand business vision, requests and needs.
- Write epics and user story based on detailed analysis performed on prioritized features
- Maintains and informs the IT project manager about key decisions, risks, and status of requirements activities.
- Scoping and Planning:
- Maintain the product backlog/scope list for the project.
- Interacts with business owners, SMEs, and key stakeholders to:
- Determine feature roadmap and release planning.
- Provide a prioritized product backlog/scope list for each sprint planning. Work with the development and testing team to help estimate level of effort for each sprint.
- Maintain the sprint backlog/scope list during the sprint iteration.
- Review and prioritize defects during and after sprint and decide where to include them.
- Is available to the development/QA team during the entire sprint process including grooming, planning, development and QA time in order to provide input and clarification in a timely manner.
- Requirements Elicitation:
- Conducts JAD sessions to elicit requirements using IT best practices. Analyze and translate business requirements into system requirements (functional and non-functional business requirements) and document requirements using various types of requirements artifacts such as System context diagrams, Use Case models, Use Cases, User Stories, and Activity Diagrams to further define system requirements.
- Conducts reviews of requirements with the product owner to obtain agreement.
- Conducts reviews of requirements and issues with development and testing team.
- Develops service definitions and specifications and provides to service delivery organizations
- Communicates agreed upon requirements as well as answer any requirement questions to/from key stakeholders.
- Ensures requirements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, verifiable, and that they conform to College Board standards.
- Follows Agile scrum methodology
- Experience using Wiki, Jira and agile plugins
- Utilizes UML techniques to conduct business process analysis. Meeting Management and Facilitation:
- Uses industry best practices for setting up meetings such as identifying stakeholders, managing and facilitating requirements elicitation and open questions/actions during the meeting, closing out meetings with next steps (action plan), documenting and sending out meeting notes, and tracking progress of meeting decisions/actions.
- Issue and Change Reviews:
- Facilitate defect review meetings involving all stakeholders to review defects, identify severity and set priorities as per client requirements, ensuring accuracy and conform to deadlines.
- Quickly understand issues and challenges faced by the business. Accurately and concisely articulate issues, risks, questions, and recommendations to customers, team members and management. Asks probing questions to fully understand business requirements and provide feedback to the business on the implications of requests.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify issues and problems, and recommend solutions either at the project or program level, taking into consideration enterprise-level initiatives.
- Provides mentorship to other junior analysts with regard to Requirements Management best practices.
- Requirements Definition and Management Discipline:
- Develop and maintain advanced expertise and an in-depth understanding and use of Industry best practices and SDLC methodologies specifically Agile .
- Recommend improvements to College Board Requirements Management best practices and methods in order to more effectively deliver requirements and support the business and IT.
- Act as a liaison between the business representatives and IT, providing insight to each team of the others needs and expectations.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both spoken and written Preferred Skills/Education/ Experience:
- Undergraduate degree required
- Technical degree/background highly desirable
- 5-7+ years of IT experience in business systems analysis in a large-scale environment across multiple hardware and software platforms.
- Experience with requirements management tools primarily Atlassian Jira and wiki
- Experience using Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Office tools, preferably.
- Experience using Wiki, Jira, IBM Rational Requisite Pro and IBM Rational Clear Quest are desirable.
- Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Understanding of software development life cycles (SDLC's) .
- Understanding and application of several software development methodologies, depending on the methodology employed by the project.
- Experience in business and systems analysis, design and documentation.
- Demonstrated high competency in systems analysis for multiple large projects.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in process analysis and documentation.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience in meeting facilitation and meeting notes documentation.
- Understanding of various issues tracking/resolution, scope estimation and scope management processes.
- Understanding of use case and activity diagrams and use case specifications or user stories.Please Feel free to contact - provided by Dice Experience using Wiki, Jira and agile plugins Utilizes UML techniques to conduct business process analysis.
Keywords: USM Business Systems, Reston , Business Analyst/ Scrum Master(F2F Interview Required), IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!