Big Data System Administrator
Company: Lumen Solutions Inc
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Company Description Lumen Solutions Inc., is a technology consulting services company based in Virginia. We provide a wide array of experienced business and IT professionals supporting clients from solution design to implementation and support. We specialize in strategy development, portfolio management and enterprise architecture. JOB DESCRIPTIONS: Tasks: Client is looking for Big Data Administrator with proven past experience in setting up, maintaining and optimizing Big Data clusters in high available, load balanced configuration across multiple (Production, User Acceptance testing and Development) environments. The resource needs to work with Solution Architects, Infrastructure Architects, Lead Big Data Architect/Engineer, Big Data Supplier, Developers and Project Managers to expand existing environments, build new clusters, maintain existing clusters and support development teams. Requirements
- Provide support for successful installation and configuration of new Big Data clusters across various environments.
- Provide support for successful expansion of Big Data clusters across various environments
- Provide day to day Big Data administration support.
- Work with Big Data team, Infrastructure Architect, Change Management team to support configuration, code migrations of Big Data Deliverables.
- Looks to leverage reusable code modules to solve problems across the team, including Data Preparation and Transformation and Data export and synchronization.
- Act as a Big Data administration liaison with Infrastructure, Security, Application Development, Project Management.
- Keep current on latest Big Data technologies and products, including hands-on evaluations and in-depth research.
- Works with Big Data lead/architect to perform detailed planning, risk/issue management. Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of administrator experience working with batch processing and tools in the Hadoop technical stack (e.g. MapReduce, Yarn, Hive, HDFS, Oozie).
- 5+ years of administrator experience working with tools in the stream processing technical stack (e.g. Kudu, Spark, Kafka, Avro).
- Administrator experience with NoSQL stores (e.g. Hbase).
- Expert knowledge on Active Directory/LDAP security integration with Big Data.
- Hands-on experience with Cloudera Hadoop Distribution.
- Hands-on experience monitoring and reporting on Hadoop resource utilization.
- 5+ years of doing data related benchmarking, performance analysis and tuning.
- Hands-on experience supporting code deployments (Spark, Hive, Ab Initio, etc.) into the Hadoop cluster.
- 4+ years of experience with SQL and at least two major RDBMS's.
- 6+ years as a systems integrator with Linux systems and shell scripting.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or related field and 8+ years of software development/DW & BI experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Preferred Qualifications
- Healthcare industry experience.
- Master of Science in Mathematics, Engineering, or Computer Science.
- ETL solution experience, preferably on Hadoop.
- Experience with industry leading Business Intelligence tools.
- Near Real Time use case experience.
- Solr search experience. Thanks, Bob SinghLumen SolutionsOffice Desk: 291 - 4940Mail: Website: Address: 5836 Belcher Farm Drive, Centreville, VA 20120 - provided by Dice Big Data, MapReduce, Yarn, Hive, HDFS, Oozie, Hadoop, Kudu, Spark, Kafka, Avro, NoSQL, Hbase, Active Directory, LDAP, Cloudera, Ab Initio, SQL, Solr, ETL, Business Intelligence, BI
Keywords: Lumen Solutions Inc, Reston , Big Data System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!