Company: VED Software Services, Inc.
Posted on: December 9, 2018
The team is comprised of Software Engineers who are thought leaders and rapid prototypers in developing a solution, from architectural design through application development and data integration. Their approach is to deploy whatever technologies are best suited for the problems at hand. To achieve that, they are leveraging the best products in the open-source community, developing their own tools, and continually improving their products and practices over time through rapid iteration cycles.
The selected candidate will be expected to use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units; collaborate with subject matter experts in those units to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application; and participate in most or all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised application.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile SCRUM team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Mentor less experienced staff.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Intermediate proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, Python, etc).
- Intermediate proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Qualifications: EDUCATION
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
3+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Qualified candidates will---
- Enjoy collaboration with others and working on a fast-paced team.
- Possess a constant desire to grow, learn, and develop.
- Be passionate about designing and building a great product, both in visual presentation but also in technical architecture and code elegance. Qualified candidates will possess demonstrable software engineering experience with---
- Java, Spring, and REST API's
- Angular 2/4/6, Backbone.js, Node.js
- RDBMS/ SQL (Oracle)
- UNIX/ Linux
- Test-Driven/Behavior-Driven testing techniques & frameworks (e.g. JUnit, Cucumber + Gherkin, Karma, etc.)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) EMPLOYMENT
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
This position is:
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
2+ years of experience with Java, Spring, and REST API's Some front-end abilities/interest : Angular 2/4/6, Backbone.js, Node.js RDBMS/ SQL (Oracle) Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- provided by Dice Java Spring
Keywords: VED Software Services, Inc., Reston , Java Spring, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!