Senior Java Developer (F2F Interview Required)
Company: USM Business Systems
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Position: Senior Java Developer (7534) (F2F Interview Required)Location: Reston, VADuration: 12+ Months Contract Job Description:
- Incorporates Cloud technologies on new application development to include micro-services and AWS services such as lambda, S3, SQS, SNS, and DynamoDB.
- Follows established coding standards and other group procedures, both individually and at a team level. Must ensure proper code reviews are held for the project and that development processes and tool utilization (e.g. PMD, Checkstyle, etc.) are followed.
- Contributes to the engineering team's culture of high code quality. Accountable for the quality of code that is delivered to QA and production and must ensure that appropriate code reviews and unit testing are adequately performed.
- Ensures that continuous integration is performed on the application source code and constantly seeks to enhance the continuous integration methods of the development team to ensure extremely high quality of code.
- Works closely with project management and requirements analysts to thoroughly understand the system requirements and ensure they are properly implemented. Also must seek ways to meet the underlying business requirements with low-cost, yet highly re-usable patterns and actively escalate requirements that may cause unnecessary risk or cost.
- Ensure that application code adheres to enterprise and industry standards and best practices, including performance and security standards.
- Gather feedback from design and technical staff on application development needs and patterns. Must be able to work with Enterprise Architecture group to propose and solicit approval of new architectural patterns including documentation and presentation of the architectural approach, benefits/limitations and other considerations (e.g. re-usability, security, performance, maintainability, etc.).
- Thorough understanding of implementing accessibility and progressive enhancement presentation layer coding practices. Works with Interface Design Architects to assure accessibility standards are met at a code level.
- Responsible for support of and coordinating with other Engineers, Architects and teams including other technology teams such as a User Experience team or an infrastructure team.
- Assists Project Manager in project planning and estimating of project score items. Reports hours daily to administration for billing purposes. Required Skills:
- At least 9 years' experience in Java development preferable.
- Expert-level understanding of the Java programming language, related optimization techniques, and design patterns.
- Expert-level Object Oriented knowledge, with demonstrated complex implementations a must, e.g., custom API's, optimization techniques, and design patterns.
- Must have deep knowledge of Java/J2E, Spring, JPA/Hibernate, SQL and NoSQL database.
- Experience with DevOps tools, CICD and automation
- Experience in documenting design and architecture artifacts and presenting artifacts for architectural review
- Effective communication skills are a must along with a strong customer service orientation Burra Madhu - provided by Dice AWS, Java/J2EE, Spring, Struts, and REST/SOAP, JPA/Hibernate
Keywords: USM Business Systems, Reston , Senior Java Developer (F2F Interview Required), IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!