Company: Transaction Network Services
Posted on: January 16, 2019
Software DeveloperPosition DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
TNS is looking for a Software Developer that will be part of a team that maintains, enhances and supports various TNS POS products and internal support tools. The products/tools are developed mostly for a Linux environment using C, Java, Python, Oracle, and MySQL and they are used to process financial transactions and/or used to test financial transaction processing. JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Designs, codes in C/C++language and unit tests software products/applications
- Must have the ability to implement solution using third party driver/libraries/APIs
- Provides support for projects which may require research and analysis
- Analyze requirements and creates software design based on requirements.
- Design and implement solution under minimal supervision
- Creates Design, Requirement, Test documentation and software specifications as required
- Adheres to the organization software development lifecycle process and uses process
tools (including Security processes)
- Interfaces with various groups like Development Support/Quality Assurance/Engineering/Outsource
Contractors and Operations as required
- Performs troubleshooting and software maintenance for existing and legacy systems.
- Train other team members as required
- Required to work within a team environmentJOB EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a 4 to 8 years of software development experience in C/C++
- Has experience interfacing with third party APIs and code solutions per external specifications
- Proficient in programming of C/C++, Java language and able to write as well as troubleshoot any issues over Linux platforms
- Familiarity of programming methodologies and implementations like, Finite State Machine, Inter
Process Communications, Timers, Signals threads etc---
- Must have good analytical skills and able to work under pressure with strict time schedules.
- Familiarity with software development environments (source control systems, Bug tracking, unit
- Experience working on Embedded or near Real-time platforms
- Strong work ethic and professional approach to developing softwareDesirable:
- Payment Industry knowledge will be preferred
- TCP/IP Socket Programming knowledge using C on Linux platforms
- Experience with Databases like MySQL, MS-SQL, Oracle
- Programming experience with Java, scripting experience with Perl, Python and use of REST/SOAP APIs---
- Familiarity with Data Encryption and programming experience with Hardware Security Modules (HSM) QualificationsJOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4 year degree in Computer Science/Engineering fieldDesirable:
- Industry experience in a Payment Industry knowledge
- Industry related certificationsWe have been delivering industry-leading solutions for the payments, financial and telecommunications industries since 1990. We are the preferred supplier of networking, integrated data and voice services to many leading organizations in the global payments and financial communities, as well as a provider of extensive telecommunications network solutions to service providers.We are a privately held company with a healthy balance sheet, secure assets and a loyal customer base that includes some of the largest global blue-chip companies in the world. Many of the world's leading companies continue to count on us as their primary provider of a range of networking and communication services, enabling them to expand regionally, nationally and globally. We provide services to customers in over 60 countries throughout the world.We manage some of the largest real-time community networks in the world, enabling industry participants to simply and securely interact and transact with other businesses, to access the data and applications they need, over managed and secure communications platforms. Our existing footprint supports millions of connections and provide access to critical databases. Our network securely blends private and public networking to enable customers to utilize a single connection for "one-to-many" and "many-to-many"connections over a global platform. Since our launch we have helped our customers and communities of interest, requiring secure and reliable communications solutions, to evolve from legacy to leading-edge technologies. Today the company provides a full range of services from dedicated connections to managed IP network solutions, providing local support and global reach to medium and large enterprises and service providers.Application InstructionsApplicants are encouraged to submit an electronic resume when applying for our positions. Job postings are open until filled, unless otherwise specified.
Keywords: Transaction Network Services, Reston , Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!