Lead Software Engineer IV - Single-Family
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: April 12, 2019
Employer provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable
mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the
leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more
people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the
housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we
work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Employer, visit
Our Single-Family team in Reston, VA is looking for a Lead Software
Engineer IV that will be part of leading the most important digital
transformation at Employer. You will be working on one of the most
critical applications called Desktop Underwriter and helping to
redesign and rebuild the platform as well as be part of moving the
entire platform to AWS. You will use modern tools, techniques, and
methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business
units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in
development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business
processes that are automated by the application. Assess high level
design issues relating to platform, enterprise software, and
interactions with other systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support the team in the writing of deployment scripts and place
strong emphasis in automated deployment, infrastructure automation
solutions, and continuous delivery process.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to
determine new features and user stories needed in large/complex
- Create or Update documentation in support of development
efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications,
implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure
that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the
user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture
patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production
in order to make quick repair to keep application in
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively
participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team
ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and
- Mentor or provide technical guidance to less experienced staff;
may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate
- Leverage Employer DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy,
test and promote new or updated features. May serve as technical
lead, architect, project lead or principle developer in course of
large or complex project.
- Expert proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2
languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Expert proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and
analysis. Expert proficiency in application of analysis/design
engineering functions. Expert proficiency in application of
non-functional software qualities such as resiliency,
maintainability, etc. Expert proficiency in advanced
behavior-driven testing techniques. Provide expertise for teams in
all matters related to deployment, building and release
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8-10+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 10+ years of experience of full-stack development using Java
- Experience with Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring
Integration, Spring Security, and Spring Batch.
- Experience in testing automation using Selenium, Cucumber, and
- Hands-On experience with Database development and tools with
SQL, O/RM, Flyway, OLTP Database Tuning, etc.
- Hands-on experience in Cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.) implementation,
development and support.
- Knowledge of UNIX (Linux) environment and scripting (bash,
shell and python).
- Experience with implementing integration solutions with RESTful
- Experience with Micro Services and building scalable Services
- RDBMS or NoSQL Database experience.
- Hands-on experience with AWS development using EC2, EB, IAM,
S3, SDK, CLI, Code Deploy, Code Commit, Lambda/Step Functions,
Cloudfront. Cloudwatch, would be a plus.
- Good understanding of load balancing, Application Server
clustering, network infrastructure would be a plus.
As a condition of employment with Employer, any successful job
applicant will be required to successfully complete a background
Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55853
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Reston , Lead Software Engineer IV - Single-Family, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!