Software Engineer - Java
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Peraton has an exciting career opportunity for JAVA Software
Developers supporting our client in Reston, VA. We are seeking
Software Developers with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile
experience to support a complex program to provide Agile
development and operations and maintenance for critical systems in
support of DHS Citizenship and Immigration Services. If you are a
qualified Software Developer with experience contributing to a
continuous integration/continuous deployment pipe, Peraton has an
interesting and challenging new environment with opportunity for
What you'll do...
In this hands-on position, you will work collaboratively to
architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available,
scalable, real time systems. You will exercise your judgment in
determining and recommending the best designs based on customer
business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. You
will participate in and/or direct major deliverables of projects
through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including
scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit
You'd be a great fit if...
- Bachelor and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or
Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Proficiency using Java, C++, Python
- Minimum 3 years of hands on experience with (2) of the
following: Angular, Spring / Spring Boot, Hibernate, JPA, Mongo or
Postgres, Jetty, Microservices, OpenShift, Gradle, Maven, Ant,
Junit, Bitbucket, Cucumber, SonarQube, Jenkins, Git, Cloudwatch,
Jira, Confluence, Eclipse
- Understanding of software processes and methodologies and
ability to speak intelligently about them
- Expertise with DevSecOps frameworks and using them in a CI/CD
- Proficiency with Agile management tools such as the Atlassian
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills What you'll
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- Influence major initiatives Security Clearance...
- This position requires the candidate to have an ACTIVE DHS
Suitability/EOD, or eligible to obtain prior to start.
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Reston , Software Engineer - Java, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!