Lead Software Engineer IV
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable
mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the
leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more
people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the
housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we
work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit
Our Single-Family team in Reston, VA is looking for a Lead Software
Engineer IV that will play a key role in Fannie Mae's flagship
product application, Desktop Underwriter. You will be at the
forefront of policy changes and leading modernization standards and
any changes across the industry. You will use modern tools,
techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications
used by business units or infrastructure units. You will play a
lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit
needs and business processes that are automated by the application.
Assess high level design issues relating to platform, enterprise
software, and interactions with other systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support the team in the writing of deployment scripts and place
strong emphasis in automated deployment, infrastructure automation
solutions, and continuous delivery process.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to
determine new features and user stories needed in large/complex
- Create or Update documentation in support of development
efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications,
implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure
that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the
user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture
patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production
in order to make quick repair to keep application in
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively
participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team
ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and
- Mentor or provide technical guidance to less experienced staff;
may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect,
deploy, test and promote new or updated features. May serve as
technical lead, architect, project lead or principle developer in
course of large or complex project.
- Expert proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2
languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Expert proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and
analysis. Expert proficiency in application of analysis/design
engineering functions. Expert proficiency in application of
non-functional software qualities such as resiliency,
maintainability, etc. Expert proficiency in advanced
behavior-driven testing techniques. Provide expertise for teams in
all matters related to deployment, building and release process.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years of related experience SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience as a Tech Lead and ability to provide guidance in
designing and architecting critical software applications.
- At least 8 years of experience in Java, J2EE, C, and C++
related technologies with solid understanding of design
- Excellent communication skills and ability to mentor/coach team
members as well as experience influencing senior leadership.
- Experience leading and working in Agile Team. Desired Skills
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.) implementation, development and
support experience would be a plus.
- Experience with SAFe is a plus. EMPLOYMENT
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job
applicant will be required to successfully complete a background
investigation. Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56856
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Reston , Lead Software Engineer IV, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!