Technology Engineer III (LDAP)
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable
mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the
leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more
people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the
housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we
work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit
The role of the technical engineer is to develop application design
and/or design IT infrastructure components to meet business and
technical requirements. IT infrastructure may include systems,
middleware, database, storage and/or network infrastructure. The
engineer must demonstrate the ability to efficiently code, test &
certify technology platforms, software and applications.
Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure
component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations.
Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate
bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology
currency of systems and applications. Document design and
engineering standards; develop key performance metrics and
operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build,
implement and operational processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interface with stakeholders to promote simplification,
standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood
- Establish policies and standard operating procedures to enable
consistent and repeatable execution
- Monitor for adequate capability on systems based on utilization
metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand
- Design and verify the technology solution meets business and
technical requirements and is in compliance with enterprise
architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and
compliance and security standards Maintain and operate the
application design. It includes but not limited to monitoring,
performance and capacity metrics , SLAs, resiliency and disaster
- Develop and document an integrated test plan for certification
of technology solutions and application design in compliance with
existing best practices
- Execute or support the test certification scripts, analyze the
results to validate the results against established success
- Support patching and incident and problem management
- Enables environment sustainability through technology training
and development of user guides and knowledge artifacts
- Provide work guidance or technical assistance to less senior
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required. MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years of related experience. SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE &
- Hands-on experience in building and maintaining LDAP
environments preferably with ODSEE 11G.
- Strong Linux/Unix experience.
- Strong experience with scripting languages (Perl, Bash, or
- Experience monitoring operations of a network or an environment
of servers on which a cluster of specific applications
- Ability to track and research business solutions running in
this environment in terms of efficient performance or obstacles to
- Troubleshoot more difficult or complex production slowdowns or
bottlenecks and determine if OS environment or network is causing
- Experience maintaining or performing system upgrades, including
installing up to date patches and service packs. Serve on or help
lead larger projects involving team resources as a key technical
- Experience in supporting system users, responding with limits
of the 24/7 systems service level agreement. This includes device,
configuration, and monitoring requests from users.Desired:
- Ability to document measures taken to patch or upgrade OS and
testing done to ensure continued smooth production.
- May control or manage system access; train and support users
and fellow team members.
- Experience providing work guidance or technical assistance to
less senior engineers.
- Strong communication skills. EMPLOYMENT As a condition of
employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be
required successfully complete a background investigation. Fannie
Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56463
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Reston , Technology Engineer III (LDAP), IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!