Technical Lead, Performance Monitoring & Log Analytics
Company: Freddie Mac
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Freddie Mac's IT Division is seeking a highly experienced and
skilled technical candidate to provide technical leadership and
serve as a subject matter expert in different areas of monitoring:
Log Analytics, Application Performance Management (APM) and
Infrastructure monitoring on Cloud. Responsible for leading the
strategy, engineering, implementation and operational aspects of
delivering modern monitoring solutions to the organization. This
person will drive, guide, communicate, and execute the operations
and functions of open source and COTS monitoring & log analytics
tools from Elastic Stack (ELK), AWS - Cloudwatch, Prometheus, CA,
Riverbed, and other industry standard tools. As the primary point
of contact to application / platform support teams and internal
Network Operations Center, the Application Support tech Lead will
manage, enhance and resolve gaps identified in processes related to
cloud monitoring and event management.
Your work falls into three primary categories:
- Lead the technology roadmap of monitoring solutions in cloud
and on a hybrid environment.
- Provide leadership to the team and leading by example by
forming strong partnership with stakeholders of the services.
- Be a highly effective communicator verbally and in writing,
lead operational initiatives and projects, and act with the highest
sense of accountability.
Solutions & Technical Delivery
- Responsible for solution design, development, prototyping, and
modelling of monitoring solutions in cloud using open source
logging and performance monitoring technologies like ElasticStack
(ELK), Prometheus, Elastic APM, etc.
- Act as a subject matter expert to solution and deliver all
monitoring and performance requirements for the organization in
- Provide dashboarding and analytics solutions to stakeholders
based on requirements.
- Interact with various business units and stakeholders that
includes Global Operations Center, Infrastructure & Platform teams,
Application & Development teams to understand their monitoring,
performance and analytics requirements and build blueprint for
delivering solutions accordingly.
- Seek opportunities for automation and integration of various
monitoring tools and services
- The incumbent will take work assignments from management but is
expected to work independently to define, drive, and execute
- Research and recommend the best practices followed in
- Evaluate technology standards, products, and the risks and
benefits of technology introduction Qualifications
- 5 - 7 years of related industry experience with Cloud
monitoring, Application Performance monitoring, Log Analytics and
- Extensive hands on admin level experience with Elastic Stack
(ELK) components that includes Elasctic Search, Logstash, file
beats, metrics beats, Kibana, Elastic APM with X - Pack
- Experience with monitoring on AWS cloud with cloudwatch, cloud
trail and other AWS services.
- Understanding of container platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes
and ways to monitoring them on AWS using Prometheus, Grafana and
other open source tools.
- JSON and Java knowledge.
- Working experience of Linux with scripting knowledge.
- Strong understanding of DevOps tools/process/methodologies
Key to success in this role
- Works under minimal supervision. Be a leader for the team and
provide individual contribution.
- Good communication and team player. Strong written and oral
- Proactive in nature with delivering optimal solutions a primary
- Innovative in providing solutions, likes to take on challenges
with calculated risk.
- Provide top notch customer service in delivering technical
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
- Drive for Execution - Focus on results that meet the business
and corporate needs and moves the company to its future desired
- Leadership - Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy,
and/or goals, lead from the front, balancing delegation with
- Growth and Development - Know or learn what is needed to
deliver results and successfully compete
- Experience with COTS tools from Splunk, CA, HP, Riverbed,
Datadog, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic.
- Programming/automation skills with Python, Java, and on cloud
using AWS native services
- Experience with integration of tools and services from
ServiceNow Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four
home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for
multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team
and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and
make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal
opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Keywords: Freddie Mac, Reston , Technical Lead, Performance Monitoring & Log Analytics, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!