Java AWS Cloud Software Engineer III
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable
mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the
leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more
people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the
housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we
work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit
Use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or
update applications used by business units or infrastructure units.
Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to
determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by
the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the
software development life cycle to create and modify the
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with product owners and other development team members to
determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised
applications or large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development
efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications,
implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure
that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the
user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture
patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production
in order to make quick repair to keep application in
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively
participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team
ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end
development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect,
deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Advanced proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2
languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and
analysis. Advanced proficiency in application of analysis/design
engineering functions. Advanced proficiency in application of
non-functional software qualities such as resiliency,
maintainability, etc. Advanced proficiency in advanced
behavior-driven testing techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years of related experience SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4+ years of JAVA programming experience.
- 3+ years of experience in building and deploying applications
in AWS (EC2, S3, Hive, Glue, EMR, RDS, ELB, Lambda, Redshift, Cloud
- Comfortable working on UNIX operating system
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strong verbal & written
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience working with large datasets and RDBMS systems
- Agile / Scrum (SAFe preferred)
- Data engineering background is preferred but not
- AWS certification(s) will be preferred
- Python, Spark and BigData experience is plus. EMPLOYMENT
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job
applicant will be required to successfully complete a background
investigation. Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56912
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Reston , Java AWS Cloud Software Engineer III, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!