Technical Support Analyst, Senior
Company: Software AG
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Senior Technical Services Engineer
ABOUT THE JOB
The Senior Technical Support Engineer is responsible for delivering
quality software support to Software AG engineers/customers and
partners, in accordance with departmental goals and objectives for
quality, response and resolution times, and customer satisfaction.
The Senior Technical Support Engineer routinely acts independently
while researching and developing solutions to customer issues, and
assists others in problem solving with his/her specialty
Essential Job Functions
- Provide technical support for assigned complex system level
software products. This includes prioritization, analysis, and
resolution of problems of diverse scope requiring an evaluation of
- Effectively manage customer escalations associated with complex
problems reported in software AG products to ensure that end result
is high level of customer satisfaction.
- Independently define and drive analysis and research of more
difficult technical customer problems. Involve appropriate
resources in a manner that conserves staff time and yet provides
resolution and consistent customer communication in a timely
- Root cause analyzes technical issues reported by customers by
analyzing the diagnostics available depending on the assigned
Software AG product line such as the product logs , application
code, Java thread dump, heap dump, network log & garbage collection
logs to provide root cause analysis and solutions for issues
related to system memory management, clustering, SMTP, TCP/IP,
SNMP, HTTP and HTTPs.
- Validate product bug fixes to ensure regression-free solution
and product functioning per specifications.
- Have a documented troubleshooting plan in place for each
request and communicate progress against the plan to the customer
via frequent and regular status updates. Plans should include
Service Request Tracking System notes documenting environment,
problem description, analysis, next steps (with task owners and
dates), and a comprehensive solution description.
- Develop and maintain specialized test environments to
facilitate the reproduction and verification of solutions to
- Oversee and report on installation testing as these products
move through the product release cycle.
- Collaborate with R&D and other internal stakeholders during
product problem resolution cycle.
- Define and report on product supportability and readiness issue
during the product life cycle.
- Assist in the scheduling of team resources. Identify continuous
improvement activities that will enable effective and efficient
technical support to our customers. Provide after-hours coverage as
needed. Lead in team training for new products or product releases
and develop technical papers.
- Provide consulting services to peers.
- Ensure that any solutions that were not found are recommended
for publishing to the knowledgebase.
- Demonstrate initiative in acquiring expertise in two or more
product families within or across product lines on multiple
platforms, along with supporting technologies. Develop product
experience by installing, testing and using software AG products
and attending formal and informal classes
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in fields such as Computer Science,
Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Typically 3-7 years of relevant experience
- Strong coding experience, preferably in Java, knowledge of SQL
and relational databases, experience with diverse operating
systems, unix preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Aptitude for complex technical problem solving
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- The employees are smart, friendly and welcoming
- Free underground parking - never get wet or shovel snow
- Health Insurance starts your first day on the job
- Three weeks paid vacation & three weeks paid sick leave
- 10 paid holidays (including a floating holiday and a community
- 401(k) Plan with up to 5% employer match
- Business Casual office
- Kitchen on every floor with cable TV - also, subsidized snacks
& cold drinks
Software AG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard
to race, age, religion, color, marital status, national origin,
gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
disability, or veteran status.
Click on the link to view the full EEO statement
Keywords: Software AG, Reston , Technical Support Analyst, Senior, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!