Posted on: September 13, 2019
Company DescriptionCapTech is a national IT management consulting
firm that bridges the gap between business and technology. We
partner with some of the world's most successful companies to
design, develop, and manage technical and digital solutions that
delight customers, drive insights, and meet strategic
At CapTech, you'll experience a flat organizational structure based
upon a culture of mutual respect. Here, your career path isn't set
in stone, and you have unlimited potential for growth and the
resources to help you achieve your career goals. If you are
creative, technically insightful, driven-and have a passion for the
work that we do, then you might be a future CapTecher.
For over five years, we have been in the Top 10 of Consulting
Magazine's Best Firms to Work For, including #2 for IT Firms and #5
for Work/Life Balance. We are also recognized by Vault.com's Top 50
Consulting Firms and have been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest
growing companies for over 10 years.Job DescriptionJava Engineers
at CapTech are part of an intelligent, highly motivated community
who strive to continuously learn the latest tools and architectures
to deliver innovative solutions for our clients. They are involved
in the design, development and delivery of vital internal and
customer facing systems in partnership with a variety of Fortune
500 clients. CapTech engineers enjoy a collaborative environment
and have many opportunities to learn from and share knowledge with
other CapTech engineers, architects, and our clients. CapTech Java
Engineers deliver solutions for clients that include: REST and
traditional SOAP based clients and services, JavaEE based
integrations, cloud based deployments, and web and portal front
Specific responsibilities for the Java Engineer position
- Understand the challenges being addressed by an engagement and
collaborate with team members and clients to deliver a technical
solution that meet the unique needs of our clients.
- Create quality deliverables to communicate technical solutions
to appropriate audiences.
- Design, develop and test Java based solutions using common
standards and frameworks such as JAXB, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JPA, JavaEE,
Spring, and Hibernate.
- Leverage CapTech's internal programs and self-directed training
to continually develop industry relevant knowledge and skills.
- Provide technical mentoring and leadership to more junior
QualificationsSpecific qualifications for the Java Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering,
MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated progression and growth as a Java Engineer through
past career experiences.
- Familiarity with multi-system integration and common issues
that can arise when integrating enterprise technologies.
- Ability to create high quality documentation to present
technical ideas and high-level solutions, and to communicate
effectively to team members with varying degrees of technical
- Understanding of performance testing and optimization
- High proficiency with development tools and workflows including
modern source control systems, dependency management, test
automation, and continuous delivery pipelines.
- Proficiency with modern features of the Java language.
- Experience with popular open source Java libraries and
- Familiarity with the creation and validation of web services
using SOAP and REST.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database technologies
including Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, and
- Experience with containerization technologies including Docker
and Kubernetes highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of other JVM-based languages (Kotlin, Scala)
- Familiarity with microservice architectures, design patterns,
and monitoring tools preferred.
- Experience with traditional Java EE application server
platforms such as WebSphere, WebLogic, and Wildfly
- Experience with standalone application platforms such as Spring
- Experience with streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka
- Experience with data engineering platforms such as Apache Spark
- Familiarity with modern data patterns such as Event Sourcing
and CQRS preferred.
front-end frameworks (Angular, React) preferred.
- Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux, Windows, and scripting
- Experience with cloud providers such as Azure, AWS, and/or GCP
a big plus.
Additional InformationWe offer challenging and impactful jobs with
professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands-on
technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find
their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with
opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits
package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a
culture of equality, inclusion and fairness - each foundational to
our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where
each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas,
backgrounds and experiences to the workplace.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for
this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for
any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer
directly (we are not open to contract or "corp to corp"
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech's client
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside
vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this
position, please apply to CapTech directly.
Keywords: CapTech, Reston , Java Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!