Systems Security Engineer
Company: DISYS - Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC
Posted on: October 11, 2019
The System Security Engineer is directly responsible for the
deployment, operations and maintenance of security tools and
capabilities in on premise and AWS cloud environments. This
position is a hands-on, operational engineering role with a
programmatic element to help shape the security controls,
technologies and architecture. This role covers corporate and
member facing security technologies. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for assisting the CISO with building security
operations, administration of logical and physical access,
monitoring of threats against the organization and membership,
vulnerability management, intrusion detection/prevention, malware
detection/prevention/analysis, data loss prevention, forensics,
incident response, key management, and event
- Design, deploy, operate and maintain security tools and
capabilities in enterprise on premise and Cloud environments
including: Qualys, TrendMicro Deep Security, Proofpoint, GuardDuty,
Redlock, Akamai, O365 and others.
- Select, implement and oversee the implementation of security,
controls, templates and policies to comply with Fedramp security
- As appropriate, serve as project manager/lead within IT
security project deployments, gather technical requirements,
develop project scoping documents, prepare deployment schedules and
assess resource requirements and constraints.
- Assist with development of information security processes and
procedures in support of the information security office.
- Provide input to the security and technology roadmaps
- As part of the team, liaison with business stakeholders and
technologists to understand integration requirements with external
systems, networks, and organizations.
- Assess system designs to validate them against expected
technical parameters Identify, analyze, define, and coordinate
user, customer, and stakeholder needs and translates them into
hardware and software requirements.
- Identify technical risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Perform data to day management of security tools and
capabilities to include system updates, configuration updates and
enhancements to existing and new secure tools and
- Support and manage installing, configuring, monitoring, and
troubleshooting network security solutions and related monitoring
tools including L2/L3 network security devices, IDS/IPS, Full
packet capture, DLP, Endpoint (AV, DLP, Endpoint Detection &
Response), and infrastructure supporting log management based on
industry best practices, and technical requirements.
- Design, configure and maintain native and integrated AWS
security services including but not limited to CloudTrail,
GuardDuty, SSM, Redlock
- Manage outsource providers in a MSSP relationship (Vendor
Management) to include contract management, SLA management, event
resolution, escalations, etc.
- Investigate and resolve security incidents.
- Plan and carry out projects for routine application or hardware
- Implement automation for health and status monitoring of
- Collect measurements, analyze data and provide metrics to
report on compliance, security posture and health of security
tools. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience defining, implementing and verifying technical
- Working knowledge/experience in developing cloud security
- Strong understanding of and experience with Cloud Security
tools such as SSM, GuardDuty, Redlock, etc.
- At least 5 years of use of end point solutions, firewalls,
IDS/IPS and CISecurity baselines.
- Experience with Active Directory, Active Directory Federation
Services (ADFS), SAML, web Single Sign-on (SSO), OAuth and related
authentication technologies a plus.
- Knowledge of Transport Layer Security / SSL principles and
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction as part of
a lean team
- Demonstrated teamwork and dependability.
- Global work experience & Multi-cultural knowledge a plus
- Fundamental belief that security is a business enablement
function EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of system security engineering required
- 2+ years of cloud security experience
- BS in Computer Science or a related field desired
- Security+, CASP, CISSP, or other IT Security certification
desired We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will
be considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status. - provided by Dice
Keywords: DISYS - Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC, Reston , Systems Security Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!