Field Service Operations Manager
Company: Clean Energy
Posted on: October 11, 2019
MANAGE SERVICE OPERATIONS FOR A STRONG TERRITORY WITH THE INDUSTRY
LEADER IN NATURAL GAS FOR TRANSPORTATION
BRING YOUR LEADERSHIP SKILLS TO A TEAM THAT SERVICES MANY KEY
CLIENTS IN THE NORTHEAST U.S.
If you have service experience in the compressed natural gas / LNG
or oil & gas industry as a manager, you ll find this to be a
challenging and rewarding role. In this role you will:
* Join an Industry leader on the cutting edge of natural gas
technology with equipment that is new to the U.S. market.
* Oversee a solid group of supervisors and field technicians
working in the rapidly emerging, cutting edge, green fuel
* Find CHALLENGES AND SUPPORT in a role where every day is
different and people enjoy coming to work.
* As part of the green movement, you ll MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT to
the environment, and WORK FOR A STRONG AND GROWING COMPANY WITH A
MISSION YOU CAN BELIEVE IN.
* Grow your leadership and management experience, skills that will
set you up to Pursue advancement in our organization.
Clean Energy is North America's leading provider of natural gas
fuel for transportation and a global leader in expanding
international natural gas vehicle markets. With experience and
expertise built over more than a decade, we are committed to
helping our customers -- companies operating all kinds of fleets
from the goods movement sector, to refuse and public transit, to
shuttles and taxi fleets -- gain the measurable economic and
environmental advantages of natural gas fueling. We have more than
1000 employees and are continuing to expand our portfolio of almost
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal
authorization to work permanently in the United States for any
employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In
addition, to be a good fit for the Field Service Operations Manager
opportunity, you will have:
* 5+ years of related experience; a bachelor's degree (B. A.) from
four-year College or university a plus.
* Experience in oil and gas industry service, such as experience
with CNG / LNG, compressors, field service, equipment support, or
* A background in mechanical systems, including the ability to read
and understand P&IDs both electrical and mechanical.
* Management /supervisory experience.
* Strong skill with Microsoft office programs and experience using
field service software for maintenance and repair scheduling.
* The ability to achieve goals independently in a fast-paced
* Proven strong organizational skills, including the ability to
manage multiple tasks, priorities and deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to provide direction
to and interact effectively with internal and external contacts
including customers as well as field service personnel.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual, to
write routine reports and correspondence, and to calculate figures
and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions,
percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
* Effective presentation skills to address individuals as well as
groups of customers or employees of organization.
Typically you will travel about 80% of your time throughout your
territory, from Maine to Virginia, though you ll usually be home on
weekends. Just the same, we'll look to you to be flexible as
You will manage all activities related to effective operations of
Clean Energy's Northeastern U.S. service & maintenance team. This
includes acting as the day-to-day liaison for field supervisors and
field technicians, traveling to sites to gain intimate knowledge of
the team s work, meeting customers, and providing oversight,
feedback, and training. Your territory runs along the 95 corridor,
including Maryland, Pennsylvania, NY, NJ, Connecticut,
Massachusetts, etc, and could expand based on company needs. If you
live near Allentown, PA, or Concord, NH you can work from one of
those offices; otherwise you ll work from your home office,
traveling about 80% of your time to visit sites and work directly
with technicians and supervisors.
You ll have three direct reports, based in Long Island,
Philadelphia, and Virginia, with about 20 technicians reporting in
to them, though these numbers will fluctuate based on business
need. You ll pass directives through the supervisors as well as
working hands-on with the technicians yourself. Most of your time
will be spent completing on-site evaluations and communicating with
customers and technicians, and you ll need strong mechanical,
electrical, and PLC experience so that you can properly evaluate
the technicians work. You ll also spend time helping to plan and
signing off on schedules, reviewing orders to ensure they are
handled properly throughout the whole process, and completing
required reporting and updates.
In addition to the above, some of your specific tasks will be
* Coordinate department activities with all other functions of the
organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and
utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
* Determine responsibilities of assigned staff positions to
accomplish business objectives.
* Ensure all fueling related equipment and structures are
maintained in accordance with manufacturer and Clean Energy
* Complete periodic Quality Assurance inspections of fueling
locations and equipment to determine proper and normal operating
* Detect and correct faulty and malfunctioning mechanical and
electrical components, devices, and equipment related to
"Compressed Natural Gas" (CNG), "Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and
"Hydrogen" fueling equipment.
* Coordinate and manage the install, removal and modification of
fueling locations and equipment.
* Meet with customers to review station operations, present
proactive repairs, discuss upgrades, and provide performance
* Ensure all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments
* Assist with special projects as needed.
* Prepare periodic status reports/updates for Senior
* Train and ensure all assigned employees are aware of and comply
with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and
* Inspect, maintain and adjust electrical equipment (electrical
wiring, conduit, panels, switch gear, switches, gauges,
transducers, solenoids, gas dryers, actuators, motors, meters and
controls) and mechanical equipment (compressors pumps, engines,
intercoolers, after coolers, heat exchangers, piping, tubing,
fittings, filters, traps, gas dryers, fasteners, valves and
actuators) for safe and proper operating condition.
* Repair, replace, and adjust malfunctioning equipment to restore
proper operating condition specified in regulations and repair
* Directly supervise employees in the Operations department and
carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws, including
interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning,
and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and resolving
* Handle other duties as assigned.
Pictured: Clean Energy is building America s Natural Gas Highway, a
coast-to-coast infrastructure to deliver CNG, LNG and RNG to an
expanding customer base.
MORE GOOD REASONS
There will be plenty to learn in this role, from our unique
technologies to our diverse operations to our expanding
Clean Energy Fuels is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Clean Energy, Reston , Field Service Operations Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!