Posted on: June 23, 2022
About usGate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the worlds largest
independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the
airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250
carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary
expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production
to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270
million travelers around the globe.
Job SummaryThis position is responsible for handling complex legal
matters and projects in all facets of gategroup business in the
United States, pursuant to the direction and supervision of the
Regional General Counsel, North America.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafts and negotiates all legal agreements entered into by, or
on behalf, of gategroup, including customer and vendor
- Provides strategic counseling to all business units and
functional areas across US. Anticipates and guards against legal
risks involving the organization.
- Advises business leaders and operational staff on optimal
compliance practices and most appropriate mechanisms to ensure
compliance with laws and regulations.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures as directed by
the Regional General Counsel.
- Assists in conducting legal audits of operations to identify
best practices and ensures compliance with laws.
- Provides strategic counsel in all phases of strategic
transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and joint
ventures. Draft and negotiate agreements related to the same.
- Assists in responding to government or regulatory agency
- Manages litigation and claims, and negotiate settlements.
- Drafts legal memoranda and analysis of matters as requested by
the Regional General Counsel.
- Assists with review of external communications and public
statements as directed by the Regional General Counsel.
- Provides legal advice related to labor and employment matters,
including hiring, termination, labor negotiations, labor contract
analysis, grievance procedures and litigation.
- Participates in special projects as assigned by the Regional
- Manages external counsel and resources effectively.
- Law degree required.
- 3-5 years of professional experience as a lawyer in a large law
firm or corporate setting.
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses, and Registration)
- Licensed to practice law in Virginia or eligible to register as
Virginia Corporate Counsel.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following areas:
contracts, litigation, compliance, employment, or M&A.
- Strong organizational skills and project management skills:
able to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task without losing
focus on priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills: good communicator, embraces
opportunities to work with dynamic teams with competing views and
interests, able to build strong relationships.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently, with excellent
time management skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts,
solve problems, make recommendations, and draw valid conclusions in
a timely and accurate manner.
- Experienced in developing, implementing, managing and auditing
adherence to company policies.
- Ability to evaluate matters which may have a major bearing on
the conduct of the organization's business.
- Willingness to be a change agent in the organization.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong technology skills, including MS Word, Excel, and
Language / Communication Skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external
customers, and with all levels of management.
Job DimensionsGeographic Responsibility: North AmericaType of
Employment: full-timeTravel %: Up to 25%Exemption Classification:
ExemptWork Environment / Requirements of the Job: normal office
Gategroup Competencies Required to be Successful in the Job:
- Thinking - Information Search and analysis & problem resolution
- Engaging - Understanding others, Team Leadership and Developing
- Inspiring - Influencing and building relationships, Motivating
and Inspiring, Communicating effectively
- Achieving - Delivering business results under pressure,
Championing Performance Improvement and Customer Focus
Demonstrated Values to be Successful in the PositionEmployees at
gategroup are expected to live our Values of Excellence, Integrity,
Passion, and Accountability. To demonstrate these Values, we expect
to observe the following from everyone:
- We treat each other with respect and we act with integrity
- We communicate and keep each other informed
- We put our heads together to problem solve and deliver
excellence as a team
- We have passion for our work and we pay attention to the little
- We foster an environment of accountability, take responsibility
for our actions, and learn from our mistakes
- We do what we say we will do when we say we are going to do
- We care about our coworkers, always taking an opportunity to
make someone's day better
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to
this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management
reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign
other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of this position.gategroup is an equal
opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran status, disability status, or another category
under applicable law.For further information regarding Equal
Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your
Keywords: gategroup, Reston , Legal Counsel, Legal , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!