Senior Appian Developer
Company: Horizon Industries Ltd.
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Horizon Industries is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm
based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking an
experienced developer who already knows Appian. This is a full-time
position in support of clients in Mclean, VA or a local location as
The Senior Appian Developer will be responsible for software
integration, customization, and support of Commercial-Off-The-Shelf
(COTS) software products. You will be required to attend training
as needed and support all project activities in relation to this
Duties of Senior Appian Developer may include:
* Prepare software requirements specifications and prototypes for
translation into structured application programs.
* Configure, debug, unit, systems, integration test and document
new applications and enhancements including, but not limited to
forms, reports, underlying logic and interface components on
development projects as assigned.
* Support the development of technical maintenance and support
* Analyze, debug and revise existing system logic difficulties and
documentation as necessary.
* Assist database administrators, data stewards, quality assurance
team, system engineers, network engineers and other staff in ways
to ensure data integrity, consistency, security and privacy.
* Assist project manager in estimating durations for tasks,
deliverables and activities.
* Adhere to organizational policies, standards and best practices
in application development, documentation, and maintenance that
support the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) following
iterative development approach (Rational Unified Process
* Provide technical expertise and actively participate in creating
systems development, software, hardware, and application
development standards, procedures and policies
* Undertake other duties as assigned.
Required Skills/ Experience:
The ideal candidate will be someone who has 5+ years of experience
with programming and developing, preferably with 5+ years of Appian
live project experience.
The following experience is highly desirable:
* 5+ years of Appian live project experience
* 8+ years experience in requirements gathering, requirements
analysis, business process analysis, object-oriented analysis and
* 5+ years experience in SQL, HTML, CSS, and Java Script.
* 8+ years experience in all phases of application system analysis,
data modeling, and application development and application
* 4+ years experience of hands-on object-oriented language
development using .NET and /or JAVA.
* 4+ years experience designing, developing and implementing web
portals using collaborative technologies.
* Experience performing SQL Server DBA activities.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Documented customer liaison responsibilities.
* Strong Knowledge of UML and object-oriented design.
* Database development skills and familiarity with web-to-database
* 8+ Years IT Work Experience
* US Citizenship is required
Education: Bachelor s Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or
Location: Vienna, VA or Reston, VA
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our
policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to
sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual
orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status,
alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors
prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon s legal duty to
Keywords: Horizon Industries Ltd., Reston , Senior Appian Developer, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!