Data and Analytic System Engineer
Company: Freddie Mac
Posted on: January 17, 2020
The Senior Infrastructure Application Support position is an
advanced level position within the Freddie Mac Platform Services
team. This position will require broad technical knowledge of
enterprise analytics and data tools on both an infrastructure and
Your Work Falls into Four Primary Categories:
Infrastructure Engineering: Application Support
* Apply broad technical knowledge, judgment and analytical skills
to analyze, develop and implement solutions for process
improvements, trouble-shooting, production support, production
operations and configuration management.
* Capture, update and simplify production support resolution
activities, production operations tools & capabilities, and
configuration management sustainability & applicability.
* Build practices, automated capabilities and communication across
department for enhanced application and operational controls
compliance including awareness, daily practice integration,
evidence collection, successful completion, complexity reduction
and resource utilization.
* Enable configuration management across asset management
capabilities for computing/servers, application components,
software, network devices and other technical aspects to contribute
toward impact assessment capabilities, improved decision making
across IT services and sustainable IT lifecycle.
* Provides resolutions to an extensive range of complicated
* Represents the organization as the principal customer contact on
contracts and often performs project leadership role.
* Interacts with senior customer personnel on significant technical
matters frequently requiring coordination across organizational
* Experience implementing and managing application and platform
monitoring tools (SiteScope, Nimsoft, Opnet)
Analytics Tool Engineering
* Experience supporting one or more existing analytic platforms
(Tableau, MicroStrategy, SAS, Power BI)
* Provide first and second level support for external and internal
* Prioritize, diagnose and manage customer reported issues.
* Prepare and review written documentation for architecture,
operations and best practices.
* Participate in installations of current and future analytic
* Report on and track feature requests and problems with third
party vendors, as required.
* Develop SME skill for internal administrative and automation
capability for two or more analytic platform tools.
* Provide both formal and informal training to Technical Support
staff on various application server topics, and perform other
duties as assigned
Data Tool Experience
* Experience managing and maintaining data engineering tools such
as Alteryx, NiFi or Denodo
* Proficient troubleshooting issues relating to data engineering
* Proficient in documenting troubleshooting techniques for training
to IT staff
* Work with stakeholders regarding the product architecture,
configuration, and utilization of data engineering tools
* Conduct routine maintenance and updates as required
* Serve as primary vendor support as required
* Identify product roadmaps as required
Public Cloud Experience
* Management and operation of public cloud
* Design and Implement public cloud architectures and
* Design Native Cloud Application Architectures or optimize
applications for public cloud
* Migration of applications, tools and services to public cloud
plan and implement solutions for backup and recovery, high
availability, key management, and other strategic initiatives
* Design and build secure and scalable software infrastructure
* More than 5 years of related experience providing application
support for analytics or data tools in on-prem, VMC and AWS
* Bachelor's Degree required.
* 3+ years' experience as an infrastructure engineer
* Skilled with MS Office
* Advanced experience with Agile and other project techniques
* Develop and maintain documentation required to support the server
* Strong communications, both written and verbal, in leading teams
and coordinating with peers and other disciplines on driving
projects/issues to closure.
* Provide on-call support during nights, weekends, and holidays
* Ability to adhere and enforce company and department processes,
standards, controls on security, change management and risk
* Experience building and launching applications in public cloud
(AWS experience a plus)
* Strong desire to learn new tools.
* Comfortable following to Agile methodologies.
* Experience implementing Jira and Confluence tools
Keys to Success in this Role
* Self-starter and self-motivated.
* Ability to work & collaborate effectively in a team
* Sense of urgency and able to apply risk-based approach to
* Disaster Recovery experience, either in-region or
* Capability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
with competing priorities
* Proficient in communicating clearly, effectively, persuasively
with technology and business stakeholders.
* Motivated to learn new technologies and identify process
improvements and efficiencies.
* Ability to adapt to change while continuing to deliver on
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possesses
* Drive for Execution: Be accountable for strong individual and
* Customer Focus: Personally engage with customers to meet their
* Growth and Development: Know or learn what is needed to deliver
results and successfully compete in an ever changing field
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home
borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for
multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team
and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and
make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal
opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Keywords: Freddie Mac, Reston , Data and Analytic System Engineer, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!