By providing the information below and checking the boxes
include access and use of your information for the purposes of
sharing your information for possible employment recruitment
effects by SAIC and it's third party vendors. For further
Job ID: 208713
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2020
Subcategory: Cyber Sec Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
Job Description Description
SAIC is looking for an experienced and skilled Principal Cyber
Security Analyst to work in the newly established Cyber Threat
Intelligence and Integration Center (CTIIC) in Reston, Virginia.
The candidate will help to establish the newly formed intelligence
center, to include leveraging existing and incoming security tools,
develop policy and procedures, and coordinate with both internal
and external intelligence partners. The candidate be a leader in
the CTIIC and will work closely with SAIC's Enterprise Security
Operations Center and Cyber Incident Response Team on a daily basis
to defend our network and mitigate the most significant threats.
Candidates should have demonstrated strong experience working in a
task force environment.
· Oversee threat and vulnerability assessment and provide
subject matter expertise on appropriate threat mitigation.
· Identify intrusion activity by leveraging alert data from
multiple sensors and systems and determine priority for
· Leverage threat intelligence e.g. DSIE, NCFTA while actively
monitoring critical infrastructure components.
· Assess the impact of potentially malicious traffic on company
network and infrastructure.
· Lead in-depth analysis of anomalies in support of network
monitoring and incident response operations.
· Perform live incident response (reactive and proactive
incident management) by identifying and remediating malicious
applications and infrastructure components.
· Collaborate with other Information Security and IT team
members to develop and implement innovative strategies for
monitoring and preventing attacks.
· Develop appropriate metrics (key risk and performance
indicators) to measure the monitoring program and related
· Oversee research of emerging security threats.
· Implement additional components and techniques that could be
used to proactively detect and prevent malicious activity.
· Provide other services as a key member of the Cyber Threat
Intelligence Integration team.
· Provide escalated response and support to intrusion or
security breach investigations.
· Oversee in knowledge sharing with other analysts and writing
technical articles for Internal Knowledge Bases.
· Present with confidence.
· Assist with risk and vulnerability assessment at the network,
system and application level.
· Develop and implement security controls and formulate
operational risk mitigations along with assisting in security
· Involved in a wide range of security issues including
architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network
· Research, evaluate, and recommend new security tools,
techniques, and technologies and introduces them to the enterprise
in alignment with IT security strategy.
· Utilize tools and processes/procedures in order to scan,
identify, contain, mitigate and remediate vulnerabilities, and
· Assist in the implementation of the required policy and makes
recommendations on process tailoring.
· Perform analyses to validate established security requirements
and to recommend additional security requirements and
· Support security tests and evaluations required by any
government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations,
participation in the tests, analysis of the results, and
preparation of required reports.
· Periodically conduct a review of each system's audits and
monitors corrective actions until all actions are closed. May
support cyber metrics development, maintenance and reporting.
· Assist the CTIIC Director in the daily operations of the
· Perform documentation review and improvement.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelors and nine (9)
years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more
experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
Ability to effectively communicate at all levels, both verbal and
written, with internal stakeholders, external government agencies
and 3rd Party vendors and customers
Professional Certifications a plus (e.g. CISA, CISM, CRISC, or
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Clearance Requirement: Must be able to obtain a Secret security
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's
most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust
portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and
intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering,
IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and
emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our
own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative,
effective, and efficient solutions.We are 25,500 strong; driven by
mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual
revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit
saic.com . For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom . For SAIC
benefits information, see Working at SAIC . EOE AA