By providing the information below and checking the boxes
include access and use of your information for the purposes of
sharing your information for possible employment recruitment
effects by SAIC and it's third party vendors. For further
Application Software Developer (Journeyman) Job ID: 2013426
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 25, 2020
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Job Description Description
SAIC Federal is seeking a motivated and customer oriented
Applications Software Developer to join our team working from home
to begin an exciting and challenging career.
Potential for Remote/Virtual work (on site work required on a
SAIC will be developing an as-serverless-as-possible solution
using React.js-based static end-user applications served through
AWS S3 and made available to end users through the AWS Content
Distribution Network (CDN), CloudFront. SAIC will deliver mission
services supporting those applications with AWS Lambda functions
and other AWS managed services such as databases, messaging, batch
processing, and e-mail.
• Be part of a team of engineers building Cloud Custodian as a
Service to enforce enterprise cloud compliance, security, and cost
• Bring enthusiasm and experience utilizing and contributing
back to Open Source technology environments
• Work with product owners and Cloud Governance to understand
desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
• Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test,
implement, and support technical solutions
• Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and
scalability of your solutions
• Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment and
learn new technologies, participate in internal & external
technology communities, mentor members of the engineering
• Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge
technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork,
self-organization, and diversity
SKILLS AND ABILITY:
• Hands on experience with Python coding
• Hands on experience using AWS APIs (such as RESTful APIs)
• Hands on experience developing solutions on the AWS platform
using services such as RDS, S3, IAM, Lambda, API Gateway
• Experienced in implementing Serverless Web Applications and
• Experienced building and supporting applications in the AWS
• Experienced in designing and developing integrated solution
using the AWS services
• Solid experience with developing within agile frameworks
• Participates in stand-ups, design/requirements meetings, code
reviews, and internal technology sessions
• Writes exhaustive unit tests
• Experienced in DevSecOps
• Mentors peers and other developers in Python/Django design and
development techniques Qualifications
· Eligible to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
· Relevant degree in Information technology with 2 years'
experience developing on AWS tools and technology.
· Relevant AWS developer Certifications.
· Excellent communication (verbal and written), facilitation and
interpersonal skills, including the ability to clearly communicate
in a dynamic environment across all levels.
· Ability to manage a variety of constituencies with competing
priorities, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and thrive in a
complex, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
Nice to Have:
· Familiarity with other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal,
· Familiarity with AWS Serverless tools and technologies.
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to pay careful
attention to detail.
· Experience with Agile: User Stories, Continuous Integration,
Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing.
· U.S. Citizen.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's
most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust
portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and
intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering,
IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and
emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our
own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative,
effective, and efficient solutions.We are 25,500 strong; driven by
mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual
revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit
saic.com . For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom . For SAIC
benefits information, see Working at SAIC . EOE AA