Company: Navstar Inc.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to
the success of an established, growing company? Navstar is an
award-winning organization that has a proven track record of
successfully providing IT services and solutions both as a prime
and sub-contractor on mission focused IT programs. Our employees
are integral players in support of mission-critical programs
focused on our National Security.
Role Description: Navstar has an immediate opportunity for a Data
Scientist interested in solving mission-critical challenges while
building complex and distributed Data Analytics systems. As a Data
Scientist, you will work as part of our Software Engineering Team
on the Data Team. The Data Team provides all data-centric
capabilities for our system, to include data ingest, data
enrichment, and data analytics, all through orchestrated data
pipelines. You will work on the Data Team to improve customer
mission outcomes and you will become an expert in the customer's
data, mission, and operations. You will research and implement
software technologies to design and produce new and creative
solutions to mission needs. You will work with end users and other
members of the Development Team to define ground-up software
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- To be eligible for this position you must hold an active TS/SCI
clearance with Polygraph.
- 1+ years (all levels) of hands-on coding experience, with Java
- Experience developing, maintaining, documenting, and debugging
- Algorithm Development and Implementation experience.
- Great at communication and interpersonal skills.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or
other hard science field desired.
- Experience with Big Data systems, such as Hadoop MapReduce
and/or Apache Spark.
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Graph Databases, and/or NoSQL Data
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Proven ability to design and develop high quality,
well-structured and documented software.
About NavstarFor 20 years Navstar has provided high-quality
Innovative Technology Services and Solutions throughout the
Intelligence Community. We would not have achieved the success we
have without the best AllStar team; this is not just a place to
work, Navstar is a community. At Navstar everything we do revolves
around listening to both our customers and employees, delivering
the results they expect, and being a trusted partner as both a
prime and subcontractor. We have proven track record of
successfully providing innovative technology services and solutions
on highly mission-focused programs; all while enjoying what we do
at the same time. Security is our priority; together, we will make
the nation a safer place.
Benefits at Navstar
- Highly Competitive Health Care Premiums, including 100%
employer paid for employee
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- Generous PTO and Federal Holiday Paid Leave
- Employer Paid STD/LTD
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401K plan and Employer Match
- Referral and Opportunity Referral Programs
- Professional Development Assistance
Navstar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or
Keywords: Navstar Inc., Reston , Data Scientist, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!