Specific Requirements: Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is
seeking a Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer who will be responsible
for developing MEP retrofit scopes of work including the production
of 30% level design drawing documents and specifications necessary
to establish design build work packages on large Federal
performance contracts including, but not limited to ESPC, UESC
contracts as well as support UMCS proposals. This position must
have experience in design standards for design build projects
necessary to comply with applicable codes as well as experience in
project estimating and scope development.
This individual will provide engineering design support in the
development, design review, and commissioning / certification of
Federal energy projects and will work closely with the other
project team members to assure projects meets the design criteria.
This individual shall be skilled in MEP work to review, analyze,
interpret and create a "requirements matrix" to comprehensively
document the criteria that are to be met and, in the case of a
conflict, comprehensively document which criteria will be followed
and why. Within the development of this "requirements matrix", the
Sr. Project Engineer shall include all applicable U.S. commercial
and Government standards, regulations and codes (e.g., DoD Unified
Facility Criteria (UFC), OSHA, NFPA, ASHRAE, DIARMF, NIST, RFM
Cybersecurity framework, etc. These identified standards,
regulations and codes shall be noted for relevance during the
design phase, construction phase or both. In addition, this
position will also support SGT in their technical response to UMCS
RFPs developing and writing technical scopes of work and cost
- Serve as the design team leader and direct all phases of the
design from conceptual through final "for construction" documents
that both meet the requirements of the contract and are of
sufficient detail for an in-country contractor to use for
- Define project scope and design deliverables that support
project goals in collaboration with the Government client and all
- Develop 30% level design documents, scopes of work and
specifications for design build work packages.
- Establish templates for design standards and specifications to
be used on design build Federal performance contracts.
- Assist in developing MEP cost estimates for building MEP
- Field design survey work necessary to develop design
- Review and approve design submittals from design build EPC /
- Support PM and commissioning agents during construction to
assure project design is meeting its overall design intent.
- Review and comment on TORFP issued design standards to manage
Siemens contract risks as well as compliance.
- Manage file maintenance of all UFC and applicable codes and
- Support UMCS proposal responses technical content as well as
project cost estimating.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer certifications energy industry experience
- 7-10 years' industry related experience with good verbal and
written communication skills.
- Experience in project estimating and Means estimating
- Experience with AutoCAD and other design software tools.
- Experience working in the Federal market and with DoD UFC
- Master degree in Engineering or Management
- 10+ years' experience of a proven history of design progression
with EPC contracts in the Federal industry.
- Experience with energy modeling software such as E-Quest.
Candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to
obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional
notices about their personal information. To learn more, click