User Experience (UX) Designer
Company: Applied Information Sciences, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
As a User Experience (UX) Designer, you will be working with our
development teams and clients to define, test, plan, and build
complex applications through iterative research methods and
What You'll Be Doing
- Ability to work closely with our development teams to define,
plan and build complex applications for our enterprise, commercial
and government clients.
- Demonstrate a strong foundation in Visual Design, along with
additional experience in UX that spans two or three additional
disciplines, such as User Research, Information Architecture,
Content Strategy, Interaction Design and/or UI Development.
- Ability to work closely with team members and clients to
define, design and validate user requirements through iterative
methods and processes.
Location and Travel Details
This is a remote position with occasional travel once COVID
restrictions are lifted.
Profile of Success
- Utilize at least two years of design experience, ideally across
industries and sectors.
- Work on project teams during discovery to explore problem
definition, build strategies and help plan for comprehensive,
- Participate and assist in facilitating meetings, workshops,
focus groups and interviews with stakeholders, subject matter
experts, and users.
- Ability to understand requirements and make recommendations for
implementation of applying best practices in usability,
interaction, and visual design.
- Conceptualize and articulate complex ideas to clients, team
members, and managers through appropriate assets (i.e. sketches,
wireframes, prototypes, design comps, user flows).
- Understanding of Design Systems, and the ability to create
visual designs built on components for fast-paced projects.
- Experience designing for print & presentations in addition to
interaction and visual design for applications and websites.
- Knowledge of industry tools for creating documentation and
assets to capture and communicate ideas (i.e. Axure, InVision,
Adobe Experience Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch,
- Familiar with the latest trends and methods in the industry,
and have a good understanding of different mindsets that enable
teams to be innovative and successful, like Design Thinking, Lean
- Understanding of common software project management
- Professional knowledge of the Web Content Accessibility
Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG) and the refreshed Section 508 Accessibility
- Proficiency with HTML & CSS development, with a strong
understanding of responsive design.
- Bachelor's Degree related to Design (Graphic, Industrial),
Interaction Design, Interactive Media, Human Factors, or
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing
challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of
achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move
up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one
excels. We are committed to our employee's success; however, they
It's our dedication to our employees that inspired our
leadership to invest in our future and become partially
employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Program
Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we
can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters,
allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for
our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity,
passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find
innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing
international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of
excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow
to achieve their personal career goals.
We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative
solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin,
religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability,
protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law.
Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and
Responsibilities - Ability to work closely with our development
teams to define, plan and build complex applications for our
enterprise, commercial and government clients. - Demonstrate a
strong foundation in Visual Design, along with additional
experience in UX that spans two or three additional disciplines,
such as User Research, Information Architecture, Content Strategy,
Interaction Design and/or UI Development. - Ability to work closely
with team members and clients to define, design and validate user
requirements through iterative methods and processes.
Keywords: Applied Information Sciences, Inc., Reston , User Experience (UX) Designer, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!