Personal Security Detail (PSD) Team Leader
Company: Caliburn International
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Our vision aims to empower our clients by actively leveraging
our broad range of services. With our global presence, we have
career opportunities all across the world which can lead to a
unique, exciting and fulfilling career path. Pick your path today!
To see what career opportunities we have available, explore below
to find your next career!
Balad Air Base, Iraq
Ability to obtain
The Personal Security Detail (PSD) Team Leader (TL) is
responsible for the personal protection of designated contract
personnel, USG and others as determined by the Program Manager and
Director of Security, Balad. PSD TL will follow established PSD
security Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to effectively ensure
government, contract compliance and International Standard (ISO)
- Under the general direction of the Security Operations Manager
and Senior SET Manager, the PSD Team Leader:
- Organizes, manages and supervises all aspects of the protective
detail to ensure that protective security requirements of the
contract/ ISO 18788 standards are met.
- Liaise with Risk Management Officer/ SET Manager to review
developments in Insurgent capabilities, vulnerabilities and
probable courses of action
- Responsible for conducting post mission reviews and site
surveys and submitting related reports to the Risk Management
Officer and SET Manager.
- Develops and implements plans for route development, analysis
- Provides site security at all venues
- Ensures that all protective security specialists are properly
trained, equipped, briefed, and mentally and physically prepared
each time they are dispatched on protective services
- Implements emergency immediate action drills and Standard
- Exercises discretion in assigning Team Member roles and duties
in missions and delegating responsibilities as required
- Submits daily electronic LN PSD timesheets plus LN Daily
- Conducts debriefing sessions after every mission.
- Responsible for briefing Team Members on SGS policies and
procedures and ensuring that all Team Members understand and adhere
to all company policies
- Ensures that all Team Members undergo refresher training in
weapons, communications, driving skills, basic medical procedures
and any other related training as required
- Liaises with the BDOC on all matters related to mission
movement, location, departure and return
- Oversees the status and maintenance of the team's vehicles and
equipment Submits Monthly Sensitive Items Registers to SET
- Responsible for general supervision of the PSD Team
- Performs related duties as assigned by the Security Operations
Manager and SET Manager.
- Maintain high level of Operational Security (OPSEC) standards
whilst on duty and on leave.
- Always present a professional and presentable appearance when
- Other duties assigned by management.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a US government
- Must hold valid passport.
- 2-5 years verified PSD positions obtained from DOD, Department
of State (DOS), or civilian employment, deployment or military
service in hostile environments.
- Successful completion from a DOD, DOS High Threat Protection
(HTP), (WPS-1, WPPS-1or -2) and/or internationally recognized
civilian Close Protection Course.
- Previous work experience in hostile, post-conflict
- Valid Driver's License
- Knowledge of principles and practices of security operations in
the developing world
- Skilled in observing situations and decision-making
- Skilled in dealing courteously with Principals and others
encountered during the course of duty
- Ability to pass a detailed medical evaluation and maintain
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely in English,
verbally and in writing
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment, including nighttime
operation with vision or corrected vision
- Ability to operate independently in remote and dangerous
locations without guaranteed communications and immediate external
- Ability to conduct both static and mobile PSD and security
- Knowledge and understanding of individual and group force
- Ability to operate motor vehicles of all types tactically both
on and off-road.
- Must demonstrate unique problem-solving skills, the ability to
work independently or as part of a team equally and have excellent
- Ability to qualify and remain current in weapons normally
carried by military and/or law enforcement officers, e.g.,
semi-automatic pistol and rifles.
- Ability to work well in teams and in a collaborative
Physical Requirements and Work Conditions
- Ability to climb, crawl, crouch, bend, stand for long periods,
reach above shoulder level, extend arms at awkward angles, lift,
and carry objects
- Ability to remain alert for shifts of twelve (12) consecutive
hours or as required.
- Excellent physical fitness and be able to successfully pass PSD
validation within 60 days of arrival on contract.
Who We Are
About Caliburn International, LLC: We are a leading provider of
professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government
agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting,
engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as large
scale program management in support of our core markets of national
defense, international diplomacy, and homeland security client
readiness. Caliburn employs over 8,000 dedicated professionals
deployed across five continents. The company's website is
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing
company and department objectives and is not intended and should
not be construed to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities,
skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job.
Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from
particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Caliburn is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment
selection and related decisions are made without regard to race,
color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status,
gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses
protected by law.
Caliburn International is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin,
age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Caliburn International, Reston , Personal Security Detail (PSD) Team Leader, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!