Company: Goel & Anderson
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Summary: Serve as a day-to-day point of contact for specific
corporate clients and their employees.
- Assess the eligibility of corporate foreign national employees
for non-immigrant and immigrant visa status in the United
- Supervise and review initial filings and RFE responses prepared
by paralegals/legal assistants.
- Advise and work in conjunction with client
Legal/HR/Immigration/Mobility staff to prepare non-immigrant and
immigrant visa petitions and applications for submission to United
States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the U.S.
Department of Labor (DOL), and U.S. Consulates.
- Assist in development and/or support of clients' immigration
program and compliance initiatives.
- Supervise and review the work of paralegal staff.
- Train paralegal and support staff on immigration practice and
- Research immigration law and procedures.
- Prepare legal correspondence and memoranda.
- Enter case information into computerized databases and case
- Track the status of filings and inform clients of any follow up
that may be necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Assist other firm attorneys in developing case strategies for
NIV and IV petitions.
- Assist with preparations and management of annual H-1B Cap
- Mentor and develop junior Associates as needed.
- Prepare reports and spreadsheets as required.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education and Work Experience
J.D. degree from an ABA-accredited law school is required
(exceptions are at G&As sole discretion). Active and
unrestricted license to practice law in at least one U.S. state is
required. A minimum of two years of experience preparing
non-immigrant (e.g., H-1B, L-1B, L-1A, E-3, TN, O-1, etc.) and
immigrant (PERM and EB-1) filings required. English language
fluency with excellent interpersonal, communication (both oral and
written), and problem-solving skills. Outstanding organizational
and time management skills. Must be able to work effectively under
strict time deadlines while handling significant case volumes.
Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, with
emphasis on ability to work within a team structure.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties, the employee will constantly operate a
computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a
calculator, copy machine, and computer printer;
- The employee will occasionally need to move about inside the
office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.;
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds;
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
Keywords: Goel & Anderson, Reston , Associate Attorney, Other , reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!