Senior Mechanical Designer - NGI
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Requisition ID: 234009
Requisition Posting End Date: 05/07/2021
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project
management, and construction companies in the world. Bechtel
operates through four global business units that specialize in
infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and
environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Today, our colleagues
team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in
nearly 40 countries.
This position is for a Senior Designer to prepare plans, layout,
and detailing of machine parts and assemblies associated with
multiple customers and clients. The projects that will be assigned
involve government work throughout various sectors, including DOD
and DOE. The successful candidate will work with mechanical
engineers and other technical disciplines in a team environment.
The successful candidate must have strong organizational and
teamwork skills, proven problem-solving abilities, a can-do
attitude, and the desire to innovate designs. This position is
anticipated to require travel to Client offices and project job
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Use 2D and 3D CAD to create layouts and arrangement of complex
machine components, systems, and assemblies to meet
- Assist other mechanical designers in producing drawings and
documentation in accordance with established design and scope.
- Ensures drawings satisfy the required engineering and
- Perform proper dimensioning and designing of standard
- Uses extensive product knowledge and experience to create
inventive mechanical solutions that are highly refined in
performance, fit, and finished appearance
- Research and investigate existing designs, supplier
specifications, and industry standards to meet product and customer
requirements for performance and safety.
- Ability to create final design drawings from sketches and
- Check drawings to assure incorporation of drafting manual
standards and procedures, specific discipline standards, and other
national standards as required
- Completes Bills of Materials for designed assemblies and
- Level 1: AA/AS degree in a related field, with 8 years of
related design experience, or in lieu of a degree, 12 years of
- Level 2: AA/AS degree in a related field, with 11 years of
related design experience, or in lieu of a degree, 15 years of
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory guides, codes, and
- Hands-on use or extensive working knowledge of using
industry-wide design/drafting tools, Such as MicroStation, or
- Extensive knowledge of Siemens NX 3D modeling Suite.
- Hands-on knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering,
construction, and project management companies. Together with our
customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term
progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than
25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven
continents. We operate through four global businesses:
Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas &
Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are
built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless
adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality,
ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we
expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship
status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status,
genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Bechtel, Reston , Senior Mechanical Designer - NGI, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!